Shader complexity view mode is completely broken since 4.25

However, in windows version through wine (6.0) it’s working just fine.
Same for old, new and blank projects.
Caching or recompiling shaders doesn’t change anything.

It was working just fine in 4.24.

Ubuntu 18.04, 4.15.0-136-generic, tried every Nvidia driver available, tried 770, 960 and 3060 GPUs.
Same result.

Thank you for bringing this up. We made UE-111807 to investigate and fix on our side.

A lot of the time, LOD view doesn’t work either…

Thanks. With LODs, if it’s absolutely bog-standard meshes with simple material, it works fine. But any slightly exotic material, or instances / blueprints etc, and everything’s black.

I can find specific examples if you need them.

Hmm, that’s strange.
LOD coloration view modes do work for me just fine.

Strange, LOD coloration view modes do work for me just fine in 4.26, even with some not very standard materials and blueprint-instanced actors.
It’s black for couple of seconds and then it’s colored.

Here’s one right off the bat. This mesh has 4 LODs. Normal mode:

333337-screenshot-2.jpg

LOD mode:

333338-screenshot-3.jpg

It’s black at any distance… Here, it’s a HISM ( the LOD works if I place a single mesh ).

Double checked my maps and yup, some stuff is actually black like this.
T_T

Double checked my maps and I have to admit I just didn’t notice the first time that the LOD coloration for some meshes actually does not work.

Any news about UE-111807 ?
It is broken for me on both GNU/Linux and mswindows, both amd and nvidia graphics, 4.25, 4.26, vulkan.
Do you even support vulkan anymore?

Hi! This was fixed for 4.27.1 (you may need to recompile shaders) in CL 17292669.

This was fixed for 4.27.1 (CL 17292669). If you’re using the binary build (which is only applicable for Windows) you will need to recompile the shaders locally.

Super! :smiley:

I’ll check that when 4.27.1-release is ready

I am not using Windows, but I had to recompile shaders for it to do anything,
Good news: it actually shows something now.
Bad news: after a couple of seconds UE4Editor just freezes, consuming 102-104% of a CPU core.

K, I recompiled all half million shaders in my project again and now it doesn’t freeze.
Not sure if it is luck or a stuck incompatible shader.