Setting up Oculus Touch

Hey everyone,

I’m trying to use Oculus Touch and I really struggle to make them working.
I don’t think that is anything to do with the engine really, they not even paired up yet.
Anyone knows how to do it? I cannot find any information about connecting them with CV1 rift…

Cheers!

Touch stuff is still under NDAs, so you won’t find any public info on setting them up. The responses on the Oculus dev forums about the touch all say to work your way back up the email chain from where you got the hardware, and ask for documentation there.

the pairing stuff is a pain but once done will work automagically in unreal.

I think I can help you out here:

1. login to your account on the Oculus site
  2. switch to the Developer’s Center
  3. click on your account name in the upper right corner and select ‘my apps’ in the drop-down menu
  4. click on the ‘SDK’ tab at the top and you should see a download link for the following app:

PartnerFirmwarePack_1.3.zip

Download this and run the following two batch files:

PairLeftTouch.bat
PairRightTouch.bat

After you have the Touch registered in the Home Devices list then you can proceed with the motion controller setup as per Epic’s instruction here:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/VR/MotionController/index.html

There is also a calibration tool available in the downloadable firmware pkg that will allow you to calibrate multiple sensors which you will need for the Touch. IT’s located in a folder called 'MultiSensorRecenter" with an executable of the same name. There is also a readme doc titled with the same name in that folder with instructions on how to calibrate the two sensors. Whatever you set in this app will extend to your working app.

Hope this helps!