Setting and accessing variables not updating

Hi, I have a character that I am using two bone IK to attach the hands to the current weapon item. I am trying to adjust where the IK joints go based on which weapon was equipped. I have a custom anim instance where I run InitItem() that pulls all the data needed for that weapon like which animations to use for things. I am also pulling the transform information from the weapon joints.

In the header file

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = HandPositions)
	FTransform lHandIkPos;

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = HandPositions)
	FTransform rHandIkPos;

in the cpp file

lHandIkPos = Item->Mesh->GetSocketTransform(FName(TEXT("b_gun_frontHandHold")), ERelativeTransformSpace::RTS_ParentBoneSpace);
	rHandIkPos = Item->Mesh->GetSocketTransform(FName(TEXT("b_gun_reargrip")), ERelativeTransformSpace::RTS_ParentBoneSpace); //Item->rHandPosition;//Soldier->rHandOffsetPosition;
	UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("lHandIkPos Current: %s"), *(lHandIkPos.ToString()));

When I switch weapons the log reports that the values in both are updated, however the “get” for both in the animation blueprint dont seem to update.

What am I doing wrong?

As a side note, Id rather just move the bone in the InitItem() code, but I found that to be very difficult. I could not figure out how to move a joint in the anim instance :frowning: