Set visibility for object AFTER it has been picked up

Hey all,

So in my game there is a switch that, when activated by character BBB, turns invisible objects visible. Once BBB steps off the switch, the objects become invisible again. (see screenshots)

In this case, a key appears on the bottom right platform. This key can be collected by character KH. But of course, once BBB leaves the switch, the key becomes invisible again. I want the key to remain visible, after it has been picked up.

Here are some screenshots of my blueprints:

Please help me out! :slight_smile:

greetings @Stradis,

it’s been a while
sorry but no visuals this time (i mean right now only)

the way i would be doing this is use a condition to check if it’s been picked up or not.

1.IN KEY’s BP create a Boolean variable and set it to true by default ( i will be refereeing that as “THE BOOLEAN” )

2. after attach to node in SEQUENCE connect the THEN3 or create a THEN4, add THE BOOLEAN and make it to SET (like the play Boolean is being set after sequence node) in the SET node set the value of THE BOOLEAN to false(unchecked)

3.in the LEVEL BLUEPRINT drag the blue wire out of BP_KEY and add and GET “THE BOOLEAN NODE”

4. add 1 BRANCH node before each TOGGLE VISIBILITY node

5.connect the condition of BRANCH with the GET “THE BOOLEAN” node

well, this may not be clear so just reply back to me if you need visual representation (BP)

Hope it helps!

The simplest way would be to set the Keys Scaling to (0,0,0) when its picked up.

The thing is, that your general approach to this situation is wrong.

You should Have your KH player and your Key interact with each other, without the help of the level blueprint.

Instead of checking the collision in your level blueprint, do it in your KH character, if he collides, cast to your key, then you can access functions you created in your key. (OnKeyPickup|SetKeyVisibility).

ps: Don’t confuse this with the Platform Trigger Collision, the one you have there is probably working fine.

Perfect, thank you! You explained it rather clearly to me :slight_smile:

he does not wants the key to hidden when picked up but rather be visible and stop hiding due to these lines said in middle of question " I want the key to remain visible, after it has been picked up."