Sequencer Track Evaluation Priority

I have a custom sequencer track that affects animation that I’ve made as part of a Plugin that has sections very similar to the inbuilt Animation Track, and I’m trying to achieve a blend between the inbuilt Animation Track and my custom track. Depending on the positioning of the section on my custom track and the section on the inbuilt animation track, sometimes it blends and sometimes it doesn’t, and I’ve narrowed the problem down to the order in which the track is evaluated - when the inbuilt Animation Track is evaluated second, the blend works, but when my custom track is evaluated second, the blend does not work.

For example, if the inbuilt animation track section starts at frame 0 and my custom section starts at frame 1, the inbuilt animation track is evaluated second and the blend works. But if they both start at frame 0, my custom track gets evaluated second and the blend does not work. These test cases are repeatable, so the priority order does not appear to be random.

I am aware to achieve the functionality that I want with this track that I can use events on an event track but that option turned out to not be quite as user-friendly as I’d hoped, and this method I’ve come up with works, just not in every test case. So the overall question I am asking is:
a) Is there a way to set the priority of evaluation for a sequencer track?
b) Where in the engine code is evaluation order determined, as it is repeatable, and therefore implies that it is not random?

1 Like

Have you had any luck with this? I’m facing a similar issue with some custom transform and camera cut tracks where I need the latter to evaluate last but I’m stuck trying to figure how the order of evaluation is determined.