Sequencer Not Rendering Selected Camera

Hey there,

I am having an issue with rendering out camera shots with the new sequencer. If I try rendering directly from a Sequence I render out pngs of what appears to be a default camera in the scene. Their is no player actor or player camera in my scene just CineCameraActors. If I reference any of my Sequences to a SequenceMaster file with a Shots Track I can see that the preview thumbnail appears to be that same default camera. Again if I render out this SequenceMaster with a Shots Track I get pngs of the default camera. Hopefully some of the attached images shed light on the issue.

Things I have tried but not fixed the issue

-Set the SequenceMaster object in outliner to Autoplay.

-Drag and drop Sequences or Cameras to my Shots Track as opposed to using the “Add” button (From another users Q&A)

-Updated project to 4.15

Thanks,

Lennard

2 Likes

I seem to have found a solution. If you place a camera cuts track on each separate sequence they will be properly referenced by the Master. In both the individual Sequence and the Master you are able to Render out pngs or video.

It would be great to know if this is the S.O.P. or a lucky fix of a bug.

5 Likes

Thanks so much!!!

I was short before getting mad!

:DD

This should be a comment, not an answer.

Drag the right side of the “Camera Cuts” (container of cuscene images with yellow background) till the end of your sequence.
While dragging, the container will get bigger and will get populated with more cutscene images.
https://prnt.sc/kaf55u

Thank you !

Thank you!

This was especially confusing since the Epic tutorial video series on the sequencer begins with the tutor deleting the camera cuts for each sequence he makes (but he uses a master sequence, which I don’t).

Godsend…I spent hours trying to solve this. Thanks for posting it. What a simple solution to a frustrating problem. I’m sure I missed that somewhere at 3AM reading through documentation. I appreciated your having shared the fix.

1 Like

its been 2days and im stuck…idk how to fix it…someone help me please

3 Likes

I am not sure I understand the fix here.

I always use Camera Cuts in my LEVEL SEQUENCES and right now all my SEQEUCNES are defaulting to a Player camera or some such in-editor viewport camera. Always appears to be located underneath the world above the water line.

I don’t use a MASTER SEQUENCES but happy to do so now if that is the fix. Can you elaborate on this SOP for me? A step by step helps …

For example, by your instruction, I should do the following?

1. Create a CineCamera
  2. Add camera track to Sequence as a camera cut track (automatically happens this way always)
  3. Make and open a Master Sequence
  4. Add Level Sequence to the Master
  5. Render Master Sequence

Thanks for the help here … driving me nuts.

2 Likes

You don’t have to create a master sequence to render. You can render each level sequence independently if you wish.
If the view rendered is different than your camera it’s likely the camera is not properly set.
Go to the cut sequence at top, right click, check the properties popup and make sure the camera you want is the one assigned.

1 Like

What worked for you? I’m having the same issue you describe. I’m using a camera cuts track but renders are default to some player camera underneath the world like you describe

1 Like

I’m having the same issue and none of these solutions above seem to work.

1 Like

Arey bhaiya kya solution hai… not working :frowning:

I ended up finding a workaround. I think the issue I had was I was using a level that had a World Partition. I copied and pasted everything from that level to a New Level that had no world partition and everything worked from that point on. Hope this helps

I think I fixed it that way, I deleted all other existing Level sequencer in the Level. I guess there is a bug that takes stuff from existing Level sequences and not the one you want to render. I am using 5.0.3 version.

Thanks this worked for me " I added the camera for the respective shots in camera cuts"

This was way harder then it should be. After fiddling around I figured you can render any sequence.

Add the camera track from your outliner to the sequence (which creates CAMERA CUTS) > Hover over the actual CAMERA CUTS sequence (track in the timeline right) > LEFT CLICK on the timline > choose the CAMERA you’ve just added under CHANGE CAMERA > HIT RENDER.

That’s working for me. Hope it helps.

GIF 2022-06-26 at 20.03.44

1 Like

me too

Anyone get Movie Render Queue working in 5.1 off of the GitHub branch? MRQ refuses to use the camera on the level and creates one every time. I have no problems implementing with the same steps in 5.0 and getting it to render the proper camera.