Seeking Insights: The 3D Asset Needs of Indie Game Developers

Hi everyone, I am a 3D artist trying to figure out which 3D assets are most useful for indie developers in their game projects.

So, I would like to ask you some questions:

1. What types of 3D assets do you often look for in your projects?
  2. Are there specific assets that you have always wanted to have but have never been able to find for free?
  3. What assets do you find too expensive?
  4. Are there asset categories you feel are lacking or not adequately represented in the market?

Your answers could help me find which assets are most needed and hard to find. Thank you very much for your participation!

Unusual buildings ( fantasy buildings )… :slight_smile:

It’s a real chance for an artist to exemplify their style, but it’s not easy.

Can be small, and ideally enter-able :blush:

Greeting @DARKITAYT

1. What types of 3D assets do you often look for in your projects? Modular Assets I can custom at design-time and in real-time. 3D Organics, Mechanical Parts Kitbash Packs for Characters, Creatures, Plants, Vehicles, Weapons, Machines, Props.

2. Are there specific assets that you have always wanted to have but have never been able to find for free? Abstract stuff like this.

3. What assets do you find too expensive? Characters that offer no modular customization options. PS: I need more than just a material color change. I can easily do that myself.

4. Are there asset categories you feel are lacking or not adequately represented in the market? I would like to more 3D Organic, Mechanical Parts Kitbash Packs for Characters, Creatures, Plants, Vehicles, Weapons, Machines, Props. There are plenty of kitbash for environments and architecture, why not for entities like Characters? I want customization in my games. I also don’t want to use same exact “prime” asset someone else is using in their games. Modular Assets, Kitbashing gives me options.