Secton Selection Not There!

I have a problem with the button “Section Selection” I want to make some cloth but cant find the button its gone can you help me pls
ASAP
Thanks

2 Likes

I can’t find it too, did you finally find it?
Thanks in advance

Can’t find Section Selection in SkeletalMesh editor in UE5.

Does anyone have a solution?

If you can’t find “Section Selection” or right-click and the menu didn’t show up. Here are the steps I’ve done to solve it:

1. Make sure there is NO TRANSLUCENT material on your clothing - mesh with translucent material cannot be selected even if it has sections.
    (you can swap out translucent materials and create clothing asset and swap it back later)

2. In your 3rd party software (I’m using 3dsMax), select editable poly / mesh > element > Material IDs > make sure each section of the clothing has a material ID assigned to it.

3. If your mesh only has 1 material ID, the “Section Selection” button will still NOT SHOW UP in UE5 - however, you should be able to right-click and see the pup up menu.

I think this is what you’re asking for, correct? I was doing a cloth tutorial that was using UE4 while I was working in UE5.1 and this button in the picture did what I needed for the Section Selection. Hope this helps.

1 Like