ScreenPosition differs in Translucent/Opaque

The ScreenPosition(SceneTextureUV) node output differs depending on the BlendMode when using VR Preview with a HTC Vive (also happens with Standalone and “-emulatestereo”)

The material:

118011-mat.png

With Opaque/Masked

With Translucent

It appears the screen is split into two [0.0, 0.5] ranges instead of one [0.0, 1.0].

That means this [Trick][4] to render different textures to each eye does not work with Opaque or Masked materials.

I tested it in 4.13 and it does not happen, so this is specific to 4.14.

Hi Booniee,

I wasn’t able to reproduce this issue in standalone with -emulatestereo.

I created a material with screenposition plugged into emissive and made an opaque and translucent version of the same material. I then stacked two cubes on top of each other and applied a material to each for comparison (you can’t see the seam so it looks like a rectangular prism rather than 2 stacked cubes).

I tested it in a blank project and had the same result as you did, but in the VR Blueprint I had the same problem. So it has something to do with the custom settings for VR.

Edit: The “Instanced Stereo” setting is the culprit. I guess it wasnt the default setting for the VR Blueprint in 4.13, thats why it worked with 4.13.

Hi booniee,

Thank you for your input. to that I found a bug in our database that already addresses this issue: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-37487)

You can track the report’s status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff. Please be aware that this issue may not be prioritized or fixed soon.

Cheers,