Download

[School project] Breath of the sky, game environment

Hi everyone!

My name is Fabian and I’m starting another project for my videogame art master in the Universal Arts School. My project will be a videogame environment called “Breath of the Sky”, during the following weeks I will update my progress and share it with you to get feedback and improve it as much as possible.

I hope you like it! here is the first blockout

1 Like

Update 10/11/2021

This week I started to make some grass prototypes, I’m happy with the first results:

I combined different techniques but the main base is done following this tutorial by Kristian Kebbe:

2 Likes

That’s some hot grass homie

1 Like

Update 17/11/2021
These days I finished my treamsheet for my modular pieces. I started to make some testings with vertex painting materials and add some warm lighting to the scene

1 Like

Update 24/11/2021

Hi everyone! This week I finished some more parts of my modular architecture and improved my Vertex Painting shader. After a lot of experimentation, I could get a nice transition between the two materials:

2021-11-24_10-26-31_SparkVideo

To achieve this I found two useful resources
This video from tharlevfx:

and this article on lvl80 by Stéphane Charré:

Hey Carepas93!

I don’t even know where to start. It’s beautiful. You’ve created such a lively and vibrant environment. Scrolling through your article only impresses more. Specifically with the effect that the addition of vegetation had.

I’m truly blown away by your eye for detail and passion demonstrated in every asset added to the world.

Sending lots of support!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, still a lot to do :smiley:

Update 01/12/2021

Hello everybody! I started modelling some other parts of the environment and I continued improving the lighting in the scene. I will continue modelling more assets and adding them in the following days

1 Like

In the wise words of @DancingRicardo66, “Thats some hot grass homie”.

Seriously though, love having your content come across the forums. The world you’re creating seems like such a dreamy fantasy and it’s truly an honor being able to watch as it develops.

Thanks for sharing it with us here on the unreal engine forums and I hope to see more soon! :sunglasses:

1 Like