Download

Scene Capture With Depth of Field

I’m currently working on a VR project with a detached spectator camera. I’m using a Scene Capture 2d in an actor blueprint to achieve this.

I’m new to unreal, so I’m probably missing something obvious here, but I can’t get any depth of field options to work. I’ve gotten other post processing options to work, such as exposure and white balance, but I seem to get no effect with any Depth of Field Options.

Here are the setting’s I’ve messed around with:

• F-Stop
  • Max Aperture
  • Number of Diaphragm blades
  • Focal Distance
  • Depth Bluer km for 50%
  • Depth Blur Radius

My current settings are:

• F-Stop - 1.2
  • Max Aperture -.5
  • Number of Diaphragm blades -5
  • Focal Distance -20.0
  • Depth Bluer km for 50% - 1.0
  • Depth Blur Radius 2.66667

Any ideas what I’m missing here?

----EDIT------------
Looking back again I realize that none of the camera related options seem to effect the output image at all

On the scene capture 2d you have a bunch of settings for other things. including what type the final image is set to. which can affect what you get as end result

I have the capture source set to Final Color (LDR) if that’s what your referring to. Here’s a screenshot of the settings if that helps at all

Figured it out! For some reason depth of field doesn’t work in projects created from the VR template. So by creating a new project from the first person template and migrating my assets over it magically started working.