Scene capture components capturing over-exposed images

Hello!

I am developing an archvis project that uses teleport bookmarks so users can jump to specific areas quickly. Each one is a blueprint containing a SceneCaptureCompnent2D that gets triggered once when the level and sublevels load to create thumbnails for the UI. They are set to “Final Color (LDR) in RGB” for the Capture Source setting. This is something i originally developed in UE4 that I brought over.

I am testing it out with the archvis template with the 50000.0 lux sun, which i imagine is more physically accurate. When I originally made this for UE4, i believe the sun was set to something much lower, probably the 10 lux for the default directional light, so it worked just fine.

Despite changing the exposure settings in the scene capturecompnent2d, I keep getting rendered images that are solid white. The only things that work are decreasing the sun intensity or setting the capture components to Capture Every Frame, which are not ideal. My best guess is maybe the auto exposure needs time to adjust, but it didn’t work even when i set the capture to use manual exposure and adjusted the Exposure Compensation. I’m at the point where the best option seems to be setting the sun to a lower lux value, capturing, then increasing the intensity again after…but that just seems like a bad workaround, so any help would be much appreciated!

-Ben

Hey Ben,

I am also facing the same issue with scene capture. I hope you have found a solution that you can share with us.