Scene Capture Component not capturing Lumen Global Illumination

It shows that if you’re not logged into GitHub since Unreal Engine (and any forks of it) are private. So log in with your Epic-linked GitHub account, then click the link to my PR and it should work. Let me know.

1 Like

Nothing yet. It’ll probably be a while.

FYI for anyone using my fork:

Someone pointed out on my pull request that enabling Lumen on a SceneCapture introduces a flicker to the main view’s Lumen lighting. I don’t expect to find the time to address this ay time soon but I’ll be sure to post an update when it’s resolved.

Could we have a video on this solution?

1 Like

I’m pleased to see that as of 5.1, capture components can opt into Lumen and even feature customizable lumen scene resolution.

1 Like

I just tested, Path Tracing now works properly with scene capture but not Lumen. Would it be possible for you to show us how did you get it working ? Thank you so much.

EDIT: I found out that they disabled Raytracing reflection for scenecapturecomponent …

How do you enable opt into Lumen? I couldn’t find any option like that in 5.1.

Try to pick Global Illumination method in SceneCapture2D Details panel:

1 Like

does this work with the scene capture component cube as well?

I don’t believe it does currently. I’ve already brought that up in the lumen feedback thread but it may be good if others do too.

Works on SceneCapture2D but not if inside Composure.

Any workaround to get it working with composure compositing?

You can enable Lumen in a Composure CG layer by enabling it in the Post Process settings of your Cine Camera. Composure copies all the post processing settings from the camera to the Scene Capture. The only problem I see is that there’s a lot of flickering in the Composure capture.

It’s great to see that Lumen can generally be enabled for SceneCapture2D components in UE 5.1. However, as @acidarts pointed out earlier, ray-traced reflections don’t seem to work correctly. I also tried the recently released version 5.1.1, but to no avail.

Does anyone know if there are ways to enable ray-traced reflections in SceneCapture2D components? I think it’s the only thing still missing for our use-case.

Same issue working with composure . Don’t know if they have it fixed in 5.1

I use UE5.1.0 and I activated GI LUMEN in the CameraComponent but the SceneCaptureComponentCube does not render the light in the environment (GI) from emissive materials.
Without SceneCaptureComponentCube the light in the environment (GI) from emissive materials is visible.

1 Like

That’s not it. You are changing the overall post process which does not affect the scene capture component 2d

It seems that Lumen support for Scene Capture 2D got added in this commit https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/16c6a37fa6f83e828b2a2146ddb334a85de427e9