Scanned Traffic Props Vol. 1

Hi there!
I started using RealityScan at the beginning of the year, and since then I have been completely captivated by photogeometry…:smiley:
As a start, I thought I would photograph small objects with a lot of feature points, and soon enough I decided to make a pack of traffic objects. At first there were only a few traffic cones, then I added more and more elements every day. I worked on this pack for about 2 months, but I learned a lot in the meantime and maybe i could be faster int he future. I reworked most of the models from RealityScan, but there were a few models for which I used RealityCapture because there were not enough feature points, so I just projected the texture onto the remodelled mesh. The process started in Blender, where I cut off the unnecessary parts and oriented the model, decimated it in Houdini, UV mapped it in Blender, and in Substance Painter I corrected the parts where the texture was missing and created the roughness map, then the whole thing was imported into Unreal Engine 5.1 where I tried to use it the power of Nanite and Lumen. I hope you like the project, next time I will probably try to make a bigger environment for you!

Hope you like it!

7 Likes

Excellent work- looks fantastic

1 Like