Scaling Texture Size on Objects

Hello,

I’ve read through all related topics I could find, but I haven’t come across an answer that suits my needs. Of course, like anyone, I would prefer the simplest solution :P.

I’m facing an issue where, when applying a texture to an object, the texture scales up and down proportionally with the object. However, I’m struggling to find a way to make the texture size consistent regardless of the object’s size it’s applied to.

To provide a visual representation, I’ve attached an image featuring three cubes of different sizes and three textures of varying sizes. My goal is to have the texture be the same size on each cube.

I’ve tried using tiling scale, but it’s too slow as I have to create a new instance for each differently sized object and adjust the tiling scale. I’ve also attempted to use “World position,” but it doesn’t work effectively.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or assistance you can provide.

Those are your option, basically:

1. UVs

2. World position

What’s wrong with world position?

World Position is the way to go I think, but you’ll have to make you texture tilable. Was this your issue?

The issue with word orientation occurs when the object is not aligned perpendicular to the coordinate grid, as the texture on the top and bottom sides does not follow the flat surface of the object as desired (see screenshot 1), unless it’s possible to cre
ate a custom rotator for word orientation that would work for objects.

I admit that my knowledge of word orientation is very limited, but most of what I know has been drawn from this source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW8LfB5Gkm0.

I have an issue with the rotation of world orientation texture. :confused:

That’s what happens with world aligned.

Then you do need UVs :wink:

You can make world aligned object aligned.