Scaling keyframes in UE4 sequencer

Hello all, hope someone else has found the workflow for this.

I want to be able to scale my keyframes over time, much like a lot of other keyframe editors. I think I could probably achieve it through sub scenes, but that’s anotehr step in the workflow that I’d like to avoid if possible.

E.g. let’s say I have a vehicle animated and I then want to elongate that sequence so it lasts longer. I’m sure there was a way to do this in UE3 but I can’t find the command/ shortcut for UE4. I’m working in 4.23 and 4.24 projects if that helps!

Cheers all

1 Like

Looks like I didn’t do as much digging as I should have:

**For anyone searching for the same thing, the new update for 4.24 has these exact features in the graph editor - **Unreal Engine 4.24 Release Notes | Unreal Engine Documentation](Unreal Engine 4.24 Release Notes | Unreal Engine Documentation)

It’s about a quater of the way down. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Mind sharing the exact quote? That is a loooong release note and I couldn’t find the solution yet, despite your vague information “about a quarter of the way down.”

404 page not found. Would love to know how you figured this out.

I found the solution. Visit this link and search for “Timescale” Keyframing | Unreal Engine 4.27 Documentation

You can also time scale sections, which will scale the keyframes proportionally to the scale amount. Hold Ctrl and drag the edge of a section to timescale a section. Time scaling is denoted by a clock icon beside your cursor when holding Ctrl and hovering over the left or right edge of a section.

SectionTimeScale

4 Likes

Do you know how to anchor the first key frame on the left so it does not move when you slide the keys from the right? I have not figured this out. Adding different timelines means doing blueprint work, is there a way to do this in Sequencer without blueprints.

I’m too rusty with Sequencer to tell you, but I think there is. You’d imagine that sequencer would allow you to split the timeline like any video editing software does.
I think this might help: Master Sequences, Shots, and Takes | Unreal Engine 4.27 Documentation

You can create a master sequence and embed multiple sequences into that.
Basically, if you duplicate your current sequence and save that as Shot1 and Shot 2, then just delete the extra keys in shot01 (ie 1323 - end) and in shot02 remove the keys prior to where you want your scaling to happen (ie 1322 to 0), then drag all the frames back (frame 1323 becomes frame 0) that might be the way to fix it. Again, what I’m saying might not make sense because I’ve looked into it for all of 2 minutes and rarely use Sequencer.