Animation: Scaling keys

Is there a way to scale animation keys towards an anchor?

1. I would like to anchor a set of keys at frame 1323.
  2. Then scale a bunch of keys among a couple actors towards frame 1323.

I tried this technique in the forum below; of making a selection and “Hold Ctrl” to scale the keys. This scaled and “pushed” all the selected beyond frame 1323.

I posted my answer in the original thread:

I found the solution. Visit this link and search for “Timescale” Keyframing | Unreal Engine 4.27 Documentation

You can also time scale sections, which will scale the keyframes proportionally to the scale amount. Hold Ctrl and drag the edge of a section to timescale a section. Time scaling is denoted by a clock icon beside your cursor when holding Ctrl and hovering over the left or right edge of a section.

SectionTimeScale

If you need to scale to an anchor point, then you probably need to add a cut in there so that it’s a separate timeline. I haven’t used Sequencer in a while so I don’t know off the top of my head how to do it, but it is possible to have multiple timelines embeded.

1 Like

Thank you, TorQueMoD. Your method of scaling keys is VERY COOL. I was also looking for an additional feature to anchor some keys so they do not slide when the keys are scaled. Epic offered another solution.
This is what they recommended if we want to anchor and scale keys.

1. Select the keys in Sequencer.

1. Open the Curve Editor:

1. Click the “Re-Time tool”

2. This will create green bars that will form a lattice:

You can click the green X to delete a lattice point (green bar)

You can also double click anywhere to create a lattice point (green bar) where you want.

1. Then grab a green bar and LMB drag. The green bars will anchor the keys and prevent the outside keys from sliding while scaling.

You can also double click in the middle of the two green bars to create a third green bar to scale keys with.

1 Like

Oh, that’s awesome! Thanks for sharing this. I’m sure it will be very helpful!

1 Like