Saving as a level without losing built data

Hi folks!
Don’t know if I missing something here but whenever I made a change in my level and decided to save it as another file such as level01,the build data is gone and I should build the whole lighting again. How can I keep the previous data without baking again?

Do you press the “Save all” button?

Yes, but the problem is that when I save as a level I change its name so the built data no longer recognize it I guess/

Try to press Save Current

298720-001.png

Did this help you?

It’s replacing my current level.I want an itteration of it with diffrent name

Did you find a solution for this problem?

nope.do you?

have you ever solved this promble?i also don’t know how to deal with it .and duplicate level also dosen’t work

I really like it when people come together and share ideas. Great blog, I will often read it. Please update!
mapquest directions

have you found a solution to duplicate a level and its baked light?

found a way…just copy the entire project in another directory of your computer, open it and change the name of the level you want to duplicate, after that, migrate the level to your original project, leaving only selectet the level itself and its “map build data registry”

epic, would be great to have simple solutions to simple needs

Nice alternative solution. Good job!

Just a quick test from me:
Building lighting after duplicating level: cca 7-10 minutes

Migrating manually between projects and renaming: few seconds/minutes

So in essence one can try what works best on their infrastructure, types of disks, map complexity, etc.

A) With simple maps it can be more comfortable just rebuild the lighting.

B) With complex maps/levels, it can really save your time and resources.

As always, it all depends on your specific and actual situation.

It would be great to have this option in Engine (to copy map with BuiltData), hopefully sooner or later.