Sane – Third Person Adventure Game

Been working on the post processing for that environment. Had some real trouble getting it to look right in the forest and vista at the same time.
I might also change the light at some point. Atm its a directional and skylight and I would like to keep it simple as this environment is rather big, the light direction has to stay the way it is atm as there is a cave with a breakthrough in the ceiling that has light flooding in for a cutscene.
Current status:

I still struggle a bit with understanding how to use foliage in unreal. Atm its all instanced and set to movable as it seems that instanced meshes dont support lightmaps for lods. I then removed the shadows from all the meshes that dont need them or are very small and use inset shadows instead.
Took me a while to get it right. This is what it looked before which was horrible:

Im also still tweaking eye adaption, it seems to give the image a green/yellow tint and I really dont like that. Maybe I can get rid of that with some color correction in the post processing.

This looks really cool, Have you stopped working on it?

Thanks a lot!
No, were still working on this!
Were actually finishing the environment I shared a few pictures of and are preparing a short demo for the end of jan. This demo will only be presented to a small circle of people and with the feedback we plan to improve the “open” demo scheduled for march.

Amazing work guys, wish you all the best with this project. Fascinating watching the workflow. These latest stills look stunning!

Thank you molatov!

Its been quiet around Sane in the last few weeks.
We had to focus on the gameplay demo for our graduation and im happy to say that we managed to finish it and you can watch a playthrough of it on youtube!

=lQE17xU0h4M

We created a thread for it in the completed section, check it out if your interested!

As we describe in that thread development is sadly going on hiatus for now. Lukas Koelz (thats me) Projekt Lead and Artist on the projekt is leaving for England in a week to join Playground Games and as such wont be able to work fulltime on the projekt anymore.
Of course we would like to continue working on “Sane” at some point but we do not jet know when and how this will happen.

Ofc we will post here and let you guys know what we are up to when we have that figured out, in the meantime we are happy about any and all feedback for our demo :slight_smile: