Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Hi All,
I have now put up a buildable preview version of 5.3 preview with all the GPULighmass patches. This still uses the original GPULightmassKernel and it works on all my tests on GTX1050 2GB Vram.
The impact of 5.3 preview, better know as (ue5-main), has been impressive the Video memory usage is down from 1.4GB to 496MB. There are not any texture streaming erros and I have added support for Visual Studio 2022 17.6 preview 4 onward. I have also added same VS 2022 support for UE 5.1.1 version. UE 5.0.3 does not need changes.
I have tried to use Epic 5.2 preview repository but it just crashes.
I firmly believe that 5.3 is the future and there is a BINARY patch FOR 5.3 source Repository available.

There is a 5.3 preview BINARY patch (public) on below to prove that it can be done and updates will be applied.

README.MD at GPULightmass-5-3-BIN-patch GPULightmass-5-3-BIN-patch · GitHub

It will be nearly impossible to backport my 5.3 hand updated code as there are too many patch errors for 5.2 Substrate in 5.2 which are NOT in 5.3 UE Lightmass code.

THE 5.2 GPU BINARIES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 5.2 RELEASE THERE WILL NOT BE A 5.2 BINARY from my repository

I have updated the UE 5.3 README for the Repository at
UnrealEngine-5/README.md at GPULightmass-5.3-preview · jimshalo10/UnrealEngine-5 (github.com)

GPULightmass 5.3 without BUG-Lumen_shadows_disappear bug .

UE 5.1.1 is default so use the commands in the 5.3 README

2 Likes