Luoshuang's GPULightmass

Hi all, does someone know about this error “invalid argument”? I am getting it when I am trying to backe the lights!

hi @qbaaazz , Did you change the Swarm settings as in post
's GPULightmass -Swarm Post (unrealengine.com)

If you have built the code from scratch with VS2022 then you need to build UnrealLightMass as described in the ReadME.
If you are using the binary version you may need to reinstall as in post

Is this ever gonna support rect lights?

1 Like

Probably not, active development stopped a long time ago, and the community has been updating it to keep it working with new versions of the engine. Luo was hired by Epic and has worked on the fully integrated Epic GPULightmass included in the engine.

hi @Jimbohalo10 , I switch EnableStandaloneMode to true in swarm settings like in your screensshot Luoshuang's GPULightmass - #2277 by Jimbohalo10, reintstall binary GPULightmass-patch-511 (.com) nothing changes
Then I again download ue 5.1.1 (from Epic Launcher) and retry all steps again, same problem.

hi @qbaaazz, You have 2 Graphics controllers the Intel UHD device as Primary and a Nvidia RTX 3050.
The GPU Lightmass BINARY is selecting the Intel UHD graphics card is being selected FIRST, not the Nvidia RTX 3050 hence the GPU Lightmass is using CPU

The only way I know is to disable the onboard Intel UHD graphics card and configure this BIOS to go to the Nvidia RTX 3050. You cannot use multiple screen is GPU Lightmass

I suggest you use the answer I found in another external forum who found the solution
How can I disable Intel UHD graphics so I can use my GPU only? - Quora

When looking at you Task Manager picture you will see its the Intel UHD doing all the work and the RTX 3050 is doing nothing.

GPU Lightmass only support Nvidia graphics cards as the primary graphics card. I disabled my desktop motherboard graphics controller leaving my Nvidia GTX 1050 and the my GPU Lightmass worked

Skylight radiosity pass renders for more than 5 minutes on RTX 3060. Is this normal or long?

Going to be entirely up to the scene and resolutions of light maps if it’s normal or not.

1 Like

Hello you guys. A little question about the Lightmass Portal. Did you know if works whem we are using gpu ligthmass (Luoshang or Epic both)?

2 Likes

Hello, the link is not working. Please tell me how can I download?

Hi @yurii.pakhomov1 ,
For some unknown reason the method to link file has been changed.
I have gone through all my posts in this thread and fixed the links to use the new linking method.

My best guess is a security is problematic and the way they converted links my have broken.
Thanks for pointing this out all fixed now

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Hi All,
I have now put up a buildable preview version of 5.3 preview with all the GPULighmass patches. This still uses the original GPULightmassKernel and it works on all my tests on GTX1050 2GB Vram.
The impact of 5.3 preview, better know as (ue5-main), has been impressive the Video memory usage is down from 1.4GB to 496MB. There are not any texture streaming erros and I have added support for Visual Studio 2022 17.6 preview 4 onward. I have also added same VS 2022 support for UE 5.1.1 version. UE 5.0.3 does not need changes.
I have tried to use Epic 5.2 preview repository but it just crashes.
I firmly believe that 5.3 is the future and there is a BINARY patch FOR 5.3 source Repository available.

There is a 5.3 preview BINARY patch (public) on below to prove that it can be done and updates will be applied.

README.MD at GPULightmass-5-3-BIN-patch GPULightmass-5-3-BIN-patch · GitHub

It will be nearly impossible to backport my 5.3 hand updated code as there are too many patch errors for 5.2 Substrate in 5.2 which are NOT in 5.3 UE Lightmass code.

THE 5.2 GPU BINARIES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 5.2 RELEASE THERE WILL NOT BE A 5.2 BINARY from my repository

I have updated the UE 5.3 README for the Repository at
UnrealEngine-5/README.md at GPULightmass-5.3-preview · jimshalo10/UnrealEngine-5 (github.com)

GPULightmass 5.3 without BUG-Lumen_shadows_disappear bug .

UE 5.1.1 is default so use the commands in the 5.3 README

2 Likes

Most probably not.

Oh wow. What happened with the thread’s title?

some one has removed his Lou* name several times causing all the links to break. I had to fix/replace all links to external items.

1 Like

The link no working! Page not found((

Hi @MetalForces
Please refer to the post by another user had this problem about registration
Official Downloading Unreal Engine Source Code | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

's GPULightmass - Registering for Unreal 5.3 source

Hi Jimbohalo10! Does GPULightmass for UE 5.3 works for version 5.2?

hi @Olegsbr,

NO the code for the source 5.2 is unstable and is not the same as BINARY.
I hand coded GPUkernel patches into 5.3 its taken over 80 hours. The Market Creators wanted 5.3 GPU source and it was a good idea as it so much better than 5.2. Substrate and PCG work well, less GPULIGHTMASS GPU memory Texture Streaming errors non-existent.

1 Like