Download

Runtime D3D Crash of Ue5-ValleyOfTheAncients

LoginId:281f57c64bf051fba634db86996c0c24
EpicAccountId:87f5c55e491046d6ad08e931bd3e5cb3

Fatal error: [File:D:/build/++UE5/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12Util.cpp] [Line: 648] pResource->Map(Subresource, pReadRange, reinterpret_cast<void**>(&pData)) failed at D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12RHIPrivate.h:1286 with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED with Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_RenderCore
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

Currently I can run the demo for around 5-20 seconds before I get a direct X crash. It looks great before it crashes. I’m currently on the latest stable Nvidia 470.14 Game Ready drivers.

Specifications are AMD Ryzen 9 3950x, Gigabyte Eagle Nvidia 3060ti and Seagate Baracuda pcie4 Ssd. I don’t get these crashes on any other direct X application. Was hoping there is a known fix for this as it seems others have have the same issue.

1 Like

Do you, by any chance, have tools like Incredibuild installed in your system? I have experienced D3D Device crashes with past versions of the engine.

1 Like

I have the same issue with my AMD 5950x, ROG 3090 o24g, Nvidia 470.14. I also tried latest driver from Geforce Experience (466.47), but it’s the same. I suspect it’s because My Windows 10 is on Developer Channel, which is not the stable version.

I am also having this issue. I have a Ryzen 9 3900x, RTX 2080ti, and 64GB of ram. I may have Incredibuild installed. I’m on Nvidia driver version 466.47.

I am about to move to windows insider preview 21390.1 as this is my development machine, it’s likely its due to the insider build I was on, but I haven’t been able to move for about 2 months now due to dev stream being so unstable and work requirements. I’ll update this post later if it seems to be behaving. So I use hardware accelerated gpu scheduling, but I would hope that’s not the issue. I can get the demo to sometimes behave but sometimes it just d3d hangs after pushing the gpu too hard (around 95%).

EDIT: Insider build hasn’t changed the issue. So the crashes coincide with an event “Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.”, which doesn’t look great ngl. I don’t have these crashes with any other application, so I have no idea what’s causing it, but I presume it’s either driver misbehaving with ue5, or a bug in ue5.

1 Like

Same here when trying to render a scene. I7 RTX 2060

I have installed Access 2 Hotfix. Although it says the crash issue is fixed, it crashed again on my machine(ROG 3090, Nvidia 470.76 Driver).