RTX TITAN Vs. RTX 6000 for GPU Rendering (Arch Viz)

Hello UE4 Devs !!

Needed your opinion on something. So as you might know recently Nvidia launched the RTX Titan 24 GB graphics card. Now given that money’s not an issue, should I buy the RTX 6000 which costs twice as more than the RTX Titan or should I go with the RTX Titan because their specs are literally the same !!

I work in real estate and do Architectural Visualization demos. So GPU rendering is of huge importance to me.

Please let me know what’s the difference between these two cards and which one is best for GPU rendering based Arch Viz demos.

Also, would I benefit from two RTX Titans using SLI and can Unreal use memory from both cards or it’s just core sharing?

Your elaborate comments will really be appreciated !!

The Quadro cards are not designed for games, they’re designed for large amounts of data and stability whereas the gaming cards are designed for speed which is what’s needed for games.
Most likely the Titan will be better

As far as combining multiple cards, the UE4 editor doesn’t support SLI or the NVLink

Hi @darthviper107 !

What about using the swarm coordinator and agents on a network and render using the Luoshuang’s GPULightmass GPU renderer? I guess this can make it work ! Please confirm.
So for the best results using GPU based rendering, I should go with the RTX Titan right?

I don’t know if the GPU renderer supports Swarm

If you’re doing Archviz renderers though, the upcoming DXR update will help a lot, it will add real-time raytracing so you should be able to get renders at less than a second, without having to build lighting. That’s supposed to be in the 4.22 update

A 2080ti, because, honestly it’s like an 11% increase for more than twice the money. Go buy an 8k HDR TV instead to get that wow factor, or crazy SSDs, or a 32 core Threadripper.

Also the upcoming 4.22 does not allow you to not build lighting. You still have to, DXR is not magic, UE4 is not going to become a pathtracer with a single update. The upcoming GPU lightmapper will be out when it’s out, and you’ll just build better lighting faster.

@darthviper107 Is DXR only going to be in 4.22 for Unreal Studio or will it be available in standard UE4 as well?

And to elaborate further on the Quadro Vs GeForce, workstation cards like Quadro and Firepro (AMD) are, in addition to what darthviper said, are also designed for extremely precise calculations, which is why they’re primarily used for workstations, but they’re a relatively poor fit for game engines like because the high precision capability is most often just not used, as game engines try to keep calculations as short and sweet as possible in order to keep things running quickly. That’s why many things in game engines are either precalculated or handled in ways that make them cheaper to run while still obtaining the proper effect. Hence why this like ray-tracing are just now becoming a thing in games. And same thing with physics calculations. I mean if you’ve ever played around with PhysX extensively, it’s really common for things to start freaking out when they collide because PhysX was designed to be a quick and dirty (Compared to true physics simulations).

But my ultimate point is that using a Quadro card with UE4 is really impractical because you’re going to be spending much more money and get less out of it Now if you’re getting a Quadro card for other work as well that would benefit from Quadro, then it’ll make up for it. Otherwise, I’d suggest to stick with faster cards with less precision.

DXR is going to be a general feature, it won’t be restricted to Unreal Studio

They’ve talked about it mostly for games, but I think it’ll benefit development and visualization more