RTX RayTracing easy global settings tweaker

i’m not sure i have the latest update so will do that now

nope that didnt work - still pops up the error about lights in the other level

Hi Arcane,

I’m not quite sure about your problem nor error. Please, could you record a whole video showing your issue? From the opening of the project until the error. Or you can send me (through private message) a simplified version of your project, with the basic elements to make the error appear.

At first, as it’s a “Can’t Save” error, it’s usually due to having that file opened twice. It’s a common behaviour when modifying any Unreal file.

Regards

i cant really send scene - its not scene dependent - any scene i have that has multiple levels with lights in those levels and I apply your bp to the scene and hit enable and activate all and then try and save it willl not let me - thats in 4.26 - if u really need me to make a video of that i can - i’ll upload it later . Have u tried to make multiple levels with lights in them then adding your bp ? it seems that the BP is keeping track of those lights and that list is preventing the saving of the scene

Interesting Arcane. Thanks. I will check it tomorrow and will update you :wink:

Hi Arcane!

Checked, and you were right. It seems that you can’t save a map, if any object of that map is referenced by an element placed on a different map (I can’t undertsand this Unreal limitation).

My blueprint is linking all lights, from any map, but that linking is only to store them in the case you want to revert the changes, so they are ‘saved’ or ‘stored’ inside my blueprint ‘database’. Due to the commented Unreal limitation, you need to clear those references, so, you simply need to clic on the ‘Clear all initial stored data’ already present on my tool.

Hope it helps. Thank you and best regards!

cool thanks for the reply - sounds like an easy fix I’ll try it out

You’re welcome! Please, let me know the result :slight_smile:

Just wondering, if can call functions from your plugin, at runtime.
For example, if I toggle off raytracing using a console command, in my packaged build, can I use your functions to put lighting right?

Hi @anonymous_user_f92919d11 !

It would need some little adaptations, but in general, yes, you could still use my tool during runtime.

The tool is composed by a blueprint, where most of code is, and by a widget, which mainly calls the blueprint’s codes. But in widget may be some code too, without the need to call to the blueprint to do that certain task.

So, as the final ‘link of the chain’ is the widget, you could directly call custom events included inside it, so you can execute every one of the different options when you call it.

Hope it helps.

Thank you and best regards!

Any chance that you can update It to UE5?
I understand that Raytracing is depricated and Lumen is slowly taking over… It woudl be nice to have these options in UE5

Hi Jack!

Sorry for the delay. Of course! Ray tracing is still better than Lumen in many ways, so I will update it as soon as I have a little of free time. Anyway, the UE4 version should still work quite fine when imported into UE5. Please, of you notice any difference regarding this, let me know or ask me!

Thank you and best regards!