RTX on GTX cards

What is your NVida driver version? I just installed them from the website (WHQL DCH drivers, direct download, skipped GF Experience) and got reflections, shadows and AO after enabling ray tracing in the project settings and restarting (it told me compute skin cache was required and asked if I wanted it to auto enable too). GTX 1070 here.

I had the desktop GeForce exprience thing, so I did those drivers… then i figured “well maybe i have to dl them manually…” You know the drop down on the website where you pick your card? Downloaded the one with the latest date. Can you tell me which drivers you have? I’m at work now… but would like to cross ref with someone who has it working. Thank you again for the reply. I appreciate it.

I’m going to uninstall ue4 and try to reinstall it. Because I feell like I’ve memorized the steps at this point. and if it just works as you’re describing, maybe installing ue4 on an older windows… then updating, did something weird, I don’t know.

Is yours [TABLE=“border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0”]

425.31?

Edit;

It seems windows was the wrong version… trying to install 1809 now. I did an update / install yesterday… but… well. seems like the update didn’t hold… the journey continues! Will update.

Edit;

That was it. Windows was wrong version, but last night I did do the update so I thought I had it right. As I was making screenshots to prove it, boom, right in my face. 1803.

Thanks for the reply, i was about to switch my gpu to a 1060 i have laying around, haha. Thank you so much. If it wasn’t for you, i’d be thinking i had to debug the shadows some how.

It looks so sexy. This is the future.

Easiest way to tell you are in the correct Windows version is check if you have dark mode Explorer.

Navigating to that menu is far more work than just typing “winver” in the start menu…

Since it hasn’t been brought up that I could find( maybe another topic), this is important reading for certain GTX hardware, and sorry for late post

" Because of this work, we have dramatically sped up ray tracing performance for GeForce RTX GPUs, and can now enable DirectX Raytracing ( DXR ) on GeForce GTX 1060 6GB and higher graphics cards via a Game Ready Driver update, expected in April. "