RTSP stream as texture

Does anyone know what settings (bitrate etc) i need to get an RTSP stream to play using WmfMedia player? when I try with my stream I get the following

LogWmfMedia:Warning: Possible loss of audio quality in stream 0 due to sample rate != 44100 Hz
LogWmfMedia:Error: An error occured in the media session: Error reading from the network.
LogWmfMedia:Error: An error occured in the media session: Error reading from the network.
LogWmfMedia:Error: An error occured in the media session: Packets are not being received from the server. The packets might be blocked by a filtering device, such as a network firewall.

the stream works fine in VLC player on the same machine.

the Media Framework Technical reference suggest the WmfMedia player supports rtsp streams

thanks

Ever get this figured out?

Has anyone else seen something like this? No matter what I do, zero firewalls, I still get this error. Anyone have any updated information for streaming from rtsp or media streaming in general with UE4.

It seems like UE4 doesn’t support the sources they say they do.

1 Like

Has anyone been able to play a rtsp streaming feed inside unreal? I tried the VLC plugin but it is not working in the latest version of UNREAL 4.25

I have had luck playing an RTSP stream inside UE 5 early access 2. The exact same stream only shows a black stream inside UE 4.27.2 (no errors, shows playing but its just black…)

1 Like