Rsync error exit code 12

Hello Everyone,
I am trying to package for ios on my windows using my mac as a SSH. I have my certs and provisions all sorted out but in an attempt to package I get this error:UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.4-1/src/rsync-3.0.4/io.c(632) [sender=3.0.4]
PackagingResults: Error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.4-1/src/rsync-3.0.4/io.c(632) [sender=3.0.4]
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): ERROR: Error while running Rsync (exit code 12)
PackagingResults: Error: Error while running Rsync (exit code 12)

This is the main error I can provide log as well. It takes about 2 seconds for this error to occur. I can also provide images. Please reply.

Yours sincerly,
beaster2

Anyone?

Update: I changed my install location to C:/ drive now it doesnt come up with that error. However it does come with this one: UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): ERROR: Unable to determine home directory for remote user. SSH output:
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.17 port 22: Connection timed out
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): Took 21.7233152s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=6
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\Priyank Gupta\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\D+UE_4.26\UBT-Cyborg_Invasion-IOS-Development.txt)
PackagingResults: Error: Unable to determine home directory for remote user. SSH output:
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=6 (6)
UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

If you have any suggestions please let me know

Okay, so I just installed UE4 on C:/ drive instead of my D:/ and it says I dont have itunes. On my D:/ drive it said I did and I did. But after installing on C:/ it says I dont. I did install itunes on my D:/. Please help thankyou

Another update, It does detect itunes on UE4 4.26.2 which is installed on D:/. As I mentioned before I donwload UE4 on c:/ drive and itunes on D:/ drive so I think itunes has to be installed on C:/ drive. The only reason I didnt install on D:/ was becasue I didnt have any space on C:/ drive. Im not sure if this is the problem.(I havent yet installed on C:/ drive)

Another update, downloaded itunes on C:/ still doesnt work. (i didnt download windows version just so hat you know).Im not sure if its a matter of time or what. Please help.

If you have a suggestion please tell me. Ive been trying for 4 months no kidding

Please, All I want to do is to just package my game for ios

I managed to get iOS remote build working from Windows to iOS using my Mac mini and then a day later it stopped working with ERROR: Unable to determine home directory for remote user.
I’ve not be able to resolve this as yet either. From long ago I vaguely remember a post suggesting changing the default shell on the Mac from csh to zsh (or something!!) to fix this but can’t find it again - That might give you something to go on.
I’m sorta in the same boat as you - it’s such a pain.
Good luck

Hi,
The default bash shell or whatever is zsh I’m pretty sure changing it doesn’t matter. In the iOS QuickStart tutorial it claims that the shell should be “bin/bash” even after doing that it didn’t work. I’ll try changing the shell to csh. Unreal has never been the best for iOS builds.

Wait, arent you the person who replied on my other post?

Maybe, my memory isn’t what it used to be.

Im not sure if doing a wire connection does something. Even if that is the case then I am not sure how I would connect it. Let me know what you think about that

Sorry, I don’t understand what you mean. We are trying to get remote build for iOS from Windows working according to the Unreal documentation, yes?
I use WiFi for both my Windows and Mac Mini. It would make no difference if they had wired ethernet connections.

Okay. Thanks for informing me about that. I dont have any thoughts on how to fix this. Any thoughts?

Yes we are.

any thoughts yet?

Islandplaya I’m wondering if you have found a solution, if so please let me know your fix. Thanks

I haven’t gone back to this yet. If I find a fix I’ll be sure to post here.

ill be in touch with you