[ROYALTY] ExORION Survivor: Alien Invasion | Kaiju Survival Terror XPS

I hade a few problems with Blueprints if i used Structs and changed them since UE4, this goes sometimes so far it destroyed my project files. This is why i allways use c++ to create Structs now.
Also i hade often problems with hot-reload so i compile always direct even if this starts every time the whole project again.

And “EyeAdaptionInverse”, did not know this exist but this will come very handy.
Looks like an easy and logic fix, thank you for sharing this.

Did not try this but a workaround could be to tune up texture resolution with something like Substance Painter for example. But i think this would also not look really good if you dont have the source to rebuild for some more like 4k.
Upscaling is allways a problem.

2 Likes

Today I saw a couple of Youtubes for a game that grabbed my attention. It takes a lot for games to do that to me nowadays.

This is a game that I’ve been wanting to play. This is a game that I’ve been desiring to make. I became very upset when I discovered that the Youtubes were just Fake Trailers for a completely different game with no design of interest to me.

I dont know if its on purpose or not. But I do know that the Game in Trailer could be real games with Todays Game Dev Tech. This has left a very bad taste in my mouth and, I’m going to do something about it.

Looks pretty cool. Could be a game like the very old PS3 “shadow of colosus”.

I would definitely NOT do a ‘Shadow of Colossus’ LOL. I’m all about Shooters. Players are going to have to Gun the Titan Monstrosities down to size.

Playing with some new Kaiju designs…

TURNED

PLUS

INTO

With BONECRAWLER.

3 Likes

Looks very good. I guess you use Nanite for this. Looks like you basicly can just use all meshes to build up some sort of procedural monsters?
I wonder how this will look if it walk around :slight_smile:

Hi @Thorsten09,

Nanite definitely helps but, BONECRAWLER is currently using 1 scene component per skeletal mesh/static mesh, but not instanced static meshes or Niagara meshes. Thus, very process extensive in mass quantity. I disable lots of settings to get it somewhat performant, notice the lack of shadows. However, I do have an optimization strategy for BONECRAWLER.

I can use BONECRAWLER to procedurally assemble any Entity to include Armor/Exoskeleton, Weapons, Vehicle Chassis, Architecture/Structures, Props, etc using Mesh bone/sockets & Actors using SceneComponents/Transforms as Virtual Sockets. I started with Animated Characters because they are the most complex and I need Characters/Creatures for my many game concepts.

I have zero Modeling skill, but, I do enjoy Kit-bashing with pre-made mesh/materials. This form of construction is means for me to create complex entities from smaller parts/pieces. BONECRAWLER is the offspring of OSMIUM Dev.

I’ve been working on this concept off/on for a few years. See GOLEM Entity Construction System - #2 by TechLord I now have the knowledge to design with all the features I desire.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I like this concept, i would try to instance the meshes as the all look quite the same anyway. I think this would give a hugh performance boost. Not sure what happens if you shoot the instanced meshes of the skel but if you dont have try this you should a least test it.
And even more using nanite meshes. Have you tested what happens to performance if you simply activte nanite for the used meshes?

1 Like

I’m using Nanite Meshes. But theyre with independent Scene components. Instanced Static Meshes is part of my optimization stategy. The construction process can be reversed for deconstruction/destruction…

2 Likes

The construction method can assemble very diverse entities. Im using the same skeletal mesh from above for …

1 Like

HD Image

Bonus

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/923304008976826368/1110247345116954716/Screenshot_2023-05-22_11.10.58.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/923304008976826368/1110772932113866842/image.png

2 Likes
1 Like

Ah cool it is walking now even if it shrinks, looks almost like a movie :slight_smile:
And i guess it grows after it was geting angry hehe

1 Like

Almost like a Movie is Awesome. The HyperCinematic Camera System is doing its Job.

I have some cool stuff planned for presenting Kaiju Growth Effect in game. Each Titan Monstrosities will have its own unique and cool growth effect plus a Music Score! Did you hear the Angels start singing? Its not about just visuals, there is a functional reason behind Growth Effect and its due to BONECRAWLER.

If BONECRAWLER is used on a large or pre-scaled Target Skeletal Mesh, it will crawl that length between sockets/bones. Large bones have longer lengths. Additionally, BONECRAWLER will attach more objects between this space. Bonecrawling becomes a very slow and performance impacting process.

Thus, if you scale the target up by 32, BONECRAWLER will take 32 times longer as it sprouts 32 times the number of objects vs normal scale. So I activate BONECRAWLER on the Target at normal scale then scale up afterwards.

I always have the option to hide the object until BONECRAWLER completes, but after watching a few hours of Ultraman, I was inspired to show the Growth Effect. Now Im going to expand on that with different effects for growth. haha.

1 Like

Sounds really good, hope to see more updates on this.

1 Like

Perhaps I need to scale down the Kaiju a bit?

1 Like
1 Like