Round edges shader or other solution?

As many before me in I’m looking for a way to figure out how to bevel edges in a easy way.

I have been googelin around for hours but i cant seem to find a god workaround having to bevel everything in my modeling programs and then mess it up with hours of UV work.

Im not a game developer, I’m more of a Archviz enthusiast and have worked a lot with modeling and different render engines. Rounded-cornes/bevel edges shader/option is far my favorite function in all the applications I have tried.

Im pretty new to unreal but i can really se the potential.

I know this topic is discussed a lot before but i haven’t found any resent post about it.

Anyone knows something about this or have figured it out?

Will this ever be possible in unreal u think?

List of applications (I have tried, I’m sure there is a few more) with the ’’Round edges’’ option:

Lumion,
V-Rray,
Corona,
F-storm.

If they can do it, so can Unreal! :smiley:

Hi Peter,

i waiting for this for years, and it can be done , because it exist already on UENGINE … for 3 YEARS!

https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/latest/editor2/settings/render_settings/ssbevel/

I’ve been waiting for this for years now, and it’s a shame, because as I often work with CAD (which contains thousands of objects), the objects have no chamfer and it would be almost impossible to do them by hand.

That’s why I don’t use unreal completely yet, because the rendering is magnificent, but if I can’t get the bevel shader, I’m forced to stick with blender (octane) or Modo, because they have the functionality.