Rotation limited from +180 to -180

Using this animated rotation I found on forums. Problem is if I want the object to rotate 360 degrees. For unreal engine rotation above 180 degrees doesn’t exsist, so it snaps to negative and instead of nicely rotating onwards, the object will do a sudden flip and make it all janky.

Rotating movement is also not an option because it rotates the whole blueprint not one componenet.

How do I fix this? Whole issue because roation is limited to 180 degrees. Pretty sure even in Unity rotation was infinite. 720 degree position? No problem.

With a timeline, you have to calculate the start and end positions before you start running the TL.

If you change them during, like this

you will get all sort of strange sh*t.

1 Like

ClockworkOcean

11m

With a timeline, you have to calculate the start and end positions before you start running the TL.

If you change them during, like this

you will get all sort of strange sh*t.

This is how far I’ve gotten.

I need 90 degree rotations. I get the initial position first, then add 90. If over 180 then -360 to get -90. Problem is the transition from positive to negative. Instead of rotating 2 degrees from 179 to -179 it’ll rotate 385 degrees anti-clockwise. Why can’t Unreal Engine just continue the 2 degrees.

Holy crap.

What is it you want to do? This is just rotating a door, right?

2 Likes

ClockworkOcean
Holy crap.

What is it you want to do? This is just rotating a door, right?

I wanted to have a blueprint component that rotates 90 degrees every time a button is pressed. A puzzle in a sense.

Added a timeline so that the objects rotate to target position from current position via lerp instead of teleporting to new rotation position. 3/4 works perfect, except when angle rotates from positive to negative/vice versa. Then this animation in a sense plays backwards instead of continuing with its clockwise velocity. I started with the preset I found in a different discussion.

1 Like

Will come back in a bit…

This

rotate

3 Likes

You wont believe how long isearched for a solution to a similar problem xD

1 Like

I think it trips a lot of people up…

This works like a charm, but what if I want to rotate it more than 180 degrees - 1200 degrees?

Then use ‘add location rotation’

Can You please create me an example, so I can see where to put it?

The only way going to 1200 makes sense is if you’re continually adding rotation

I need to create a rotation of a fortune wheel, that should rotate minimum 3 times than stop on a random degree, triggered by a keyboard shortkey. When the key is pressed again, the will should continue from it’s previous position. I did everything but that rotation is a big challenge, the wheel now works only with 180 degree max rotation on a single klick.

wheel

2 Likes

You are awesome! One more question, how to set an automatic stop after some random time, instead of clicking a second time for a stop?

1 Like

I see you are from the Netherlands. I will be going to Amsterdam on a business trip from 13-16 September, and I would love to buy you a beer! :slight_smile: My email is julian.panov@abv.bg, if you contact me, we can meet there so I can thank you personally!

1 Like