Rotation AND Simulating Physics - Hololens 2

Hello! I am new to UE4 and I’m working on the Hololens platform.

TLDR; I need to find a way to have UV static mesh rotate in the Z plane AND simulate physics (falls due to gravity) and have my location reset buttons still work.

Background
I’m working on building an physics teaching demonstration app for the Hololens 2 on UE4.
RIght now, I’m able to make UV static meshes (I have two right now that look like a proton and an electron) that rotate and can be grabbed by the person wearing the Hololens. I’ve also made buttons that replace the two spheres to the original location that can be pressed on the hololens.

The Issue
I have two spheres that rotate and can be moved around, as well as replaced to the original location by hitting the buttons, but they do not simulate physics (gravity) when they are released. When I turn on simulate physics, the spheres stop rotating and the reset buttons don’t work.

Goal
I’m trying to make a rotating sphere that also simulates gravity. The person would be able to grab and move the spheres and they would fall when let go. Then the person can hit the reset button and the spheres will be replaced to the original location.

How I have my rotation set up:

How I have my reset button set up:

Thank you in advance!!

When you set physics to simulate, it is detaching the component from the root component of the actor (probably even if they’re already the root). It looks like all your non-physics based movements are applying to the actor itself, so the detached component just shrugs. When you start simulating physics, give the component the desired angular velocity. When you want to reset, turn physics off and set the transform of the component wherever it needs to go, and re-attach to root if necessary.

Ok! I believe I understand what you are saying, I’m just not sure how to go about fixing them. How do I set up the angular velocity on the component and not just the mesh? Also, the reset button is inside the game and can be pressed by the user with the Hololens on. Is there a way to make the game do what you mentioned or would I need to be adjusting the game code every time?
Thank you for the reply!