Rotate child together with parent object, but keep/maintain child's own relative rotation/orientation locked

Hi everybody.

I wanted to ask if anybody can help me with the following problem:

I have a child object, that for the purpose of this example is just in front of my head.
As my player rotates the object should stay in front of me, which it obviously does because it is a child component of my player blueprint.
But even though it is following the rotation of my player, I still want the object itself to maintain it’s local orientation/rotation, so basically keeping it locked in the same direction.

So in the end I want the object to follow me in front of my head, but the arrows should point in the same direction while it is doing that. Take a look at the video and my sketch to better understand:

It would be awesome to find a solution where I do not have to mess with the player script that much, because I would like to use the basic first person character without changing much. I was thinking if there maybe is a solution that would just involve the child that should stay locked (maybe a setting I missed or a simple transform on tick)

Any help with this would be much appreciated! Does not seem like that big of a deal, but unfortunately I am still struggling :frowning:

1 Like

This is the correct solution, thank you very much!
for anyone after me who has the same problem:

To keep/lock the rotation of an object no matter the parent, just set the rotation type in the details panel to “absolute rotation”: