Roots: Home Bound A ghostly farming game!

13 Likes

Night time!

11 Likes

THE CORAL ISLAND DEVS FOLLOWED ME BACK!!! :face_holding_back_tears:

10 Likes

Hi there @polyowl3D,

Hope you’re well and having a great week so far!

First, congrats on the follow back! :slight_smile: Secondly, I love the art style you’re going with for Roots. The art + Warm lighting make the project feel really professional! Will there be any gameplay or demo trailers coming anytime soon?

8 Likes

Thank you so much! Actually, i do have a video i just put out on my twitter. It’s over the size but here’s the link!

11 Likes

Ah, this looks great @polyowl3D! Will “base” building be a large part of gameplay?

10 Likes

Wow actually, yeah, tree house building is something i’m planning. You’ll have vertical movement on these since you can set up different heights and bridges between them. I wanted to give the farm more purpose. Would you count that as base building?

11 Likes

Videos on here are sus. But you can add these to other stuff too.

10 Likes

Some sketches of Rafa, the aspiring mayor of Medio.

10 Likes

Your game looks epic :clap:

6 Likes

Thanks!! I really appreciate it!

7 Likes

Hey there @polyowl3D !

I absolutely love the style and aesthetic you’re going for with the game. The NPCs also look super cute and full of personality! Will there also be animal rearing or is it going to be focused on crop farming?

6 Likes

Thank you!!

Similar to Stardew Valley, there will be yes. As well as Mining, fishing, refining, and other new things, like camping, tree building, super bosses, etc.

10 Likes

The first character’s i’ve shown off, Emma, Eli (Emma’s father), and Rafael (Medio’s aspiring mayor)!!

10 Likes

Here’s two of the animals that are planned!

9 Likes

Oh wow! Thank you for showing me the art in place for the game, @polyowl3D !

I love how the chickens and cows remind me of older games and I’m excited to get the chance to see them in game! I’m also horribly biased to Refael because he looks super friendly and shaped like a kind dad! Would it be too much of a spoiler to know what positions Eli and Emma have in the town?

7 Likes

Thank you!! I definitely wanted to mix classic and modern styles for the characters. I can’t wait to start implementing them.

He’s really motivating. His story is definitely something i hope inspires folks out there. He definitely is the type to put a smile on my face while we write his story.

Eli and Emma both work at the museum. Eli is the curator for the museum while he writes his thesis on the existence of spectral beings. Emma is going to school remotely while she’s living with her father. Their story is honestly interesting to write, because you can romance either and they both give you more information on Eli’s diseased wife, Emma’s mother.

I hope this gives more information and i really appreciate your interest. It motivates me even more to keep working on the game!

7 Likes

Here’s more art for the Kamiyas!

9 Likes

Day 57 of 100 days of game dev!

I wanted to make items easier to spot, so i made this simple Niagara sparkle system based on Nico’s PB concept.:sparkles:

9 Likes

I love the design behind the robot. It seems to have lots of character to it. Very Epic :fire:

6 Likes