Roots: Home Bound A ghostly farming game!

Thank you so much! I worked hard with our concept artist to develop a good silhouette.
He’s the mascot for the game, so we wanted to take good care of him. :heart:
sadwhite

9 Likes

:100: agreed! The character reminds me of those really old retro computer monitors.

6 Likes

I love these animals they are so cute!!

6 Likes

haha yeah, it’s based off an amiga.

7 Likes

You surpass my expectations again @polyowl3D !

The more this thread develops the more excited I am for the game to come out. Seeing the character design and hearing about the characters makes me so thrilled for this farming game. I will do my best in my social circles to hype up this game because seeing the development here it’s so amazing!

I eagerly await more updates and sneak peeks that you can provide! :star_struck:

6 Likes

This means so much to me actually!! This is great. Super motivating! here’s some more images!!

8 Likes

Sketches of one of the player characters!

8 Likes

Dang I really love the style of the player character, it reminds me of pokemon characters!

5 Likes

Woe, more concept images be upon ye.

7 Likes

The ghost scare concept looks great :ghost:

6 Likes

Thanks!

Nico is the artist who drew these up based on input that i gave him. He really knocked it out of the park!

7 Likes

More sketches of Emma’s sprite and some roughs. She’s one of my favorite characters so far.

9 Likes

I’m a total sucker for basebuilding and anything that I can help build part of the “world” so I’m stoked to hear its part of the plan :smiley: Also, huge kudos on the character art designs. They look lovely so far!

8 Likes

Thanks! I really appreciate that. Yeah, i hope that it’ll be fun when it’s out.

Yeah i’ll make sure Nico knows. :heart:

8 Likes

Level design planning and rules!

7 Likes

Day 61/100 of days of game dev! :video_game:

Working on the item notification UI. What do you prefer when seeing how much you’ve picked up? Suggestions welcome!

linktr.ee/polyowl3d👈

7 Likes

Woahh, that UI looks good. What kind of animations will it have?

6 Likes

THANKS! I’m hoping to post a video of the animations soon! But i’m hoping to make them more ghostly. Probably tomorrow!

6 Likes

Let’s Gooooooooooooooooo!

6 Likes

Love the development so far and like the UI design upgrade

6 Likes