Hi all, I’m using a Rokoko Smartsuit Pro II (Glove-Ready) with 2 Smartgloves to record Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) ground techniques, bringing the mocap into Unreal. A lot of the capture happens with the practitioner lying on the floor, on their back.
Issue: when there’s body-weight pressure directly on the hub (worn in a back pocket), the connection to Rokoko Studio sometimes drops completely and the character freezes until I reboot the hub.
I already fixed a separate, more general WiFi interference problem (dedicated 5GHz channel, router settings) which helped a lot with overall jitter/packet loss, but this specific pressure-triggered drop still happens.
My best guess (not confirmed) is that body weight is holding the hub’s power button long enough to trigger Hotspot mode (5s hold) or a hard reset (10s+ hold), per Rokoko’s own docs about those thresholds. But it could also be something else: antenna shielding against the body/floor, a loose cable connector, firmware behavior under WiFi obstruction, etc.
Has anyone here done ground-contact or contact-sport motion capture (wrestling, martial arts, stunts) with an IMU suit like this and run into something similar? Any fix you found — padding the hub, repositioning it, a firmware setting, a different mounting harness?
Posting here since I couldn’t find this specific issue discussed anywhere else. Happy to share clip data if useful. Thanks!