Rocket Racing island - Unable to drive under terrain in Private Test Code

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Live Edit

Summary

Hello

I am working on a Rocket Racing competitive race map and I’ve encountered an issue. I have 2 sections on my track that cut through a mountain side and go through short tunnels. This works as expected in my Live Edit session when I launch from UEFN.

However, once I publish a Private Test Code (3848-4265-8790) and load into the 60hz servers, my vehicle cannot enter the tunnels anymore. My vehicle is placed on top of the mountain directly above the track but then I get the “Return To Track” countdown which respawns me.

When I respawn, I’m on the track inside the mountain but upon entering any inputs to move the vehicle, I am teleported to the top of the terrain again and, again, prompted with the “Return To Race” countdown timer.

I used Landscape Mode to create a hole in the terrain with the Visibility Tool. I also added a Fort Underground Volume overlapping with this terrain but unfortunately this only works in Live Edit and not in Private Test Codes

This is preventing me from publishing this island as I’m sure this issue will persist in a Public Code if its evident in a Private Test Code (3848-4265-8790)

You can see it for yourself below in my Video Example

Thanks for looking into this bug.

Steps to Reproduce

Open island code: 3848-4265-8790 and attempt to drive through the tunnel

Expected Result

Player drives through tunnel

Observed Result

Player gets rubber-banded to the terrain surface and cannot drive through tunnel.

Platform(s)

all

Island Code

3848-4265-8790

→ Image of Landscape Mode using Visibility Tool to create hole in the terrain

Video Example of being unable to drive through terrain in Private Test Codes even though it works in Live Edit

1 Like

The status of FORT-727171 incident has been moved from ‘Needs Triage’ to ‘Needs More Info’.

1 Like

did you ever get this fixed?

My team is also having this exact issue. Hopefully this can be fixed soon.