Has there been any info about the pipeline to get Rocket Racing tracks migrated into Fortnite?
I haven’t dug through the roadmap.
Curious what I can do in the short term to begin preparing for the transition.
I don’t believe there’s any information publicly know at this time, I’d assume we learn more as we approach the closure of rocket racing, which is still many months far into the future.
we have like a week before these get shut off. some news would be good on how to switch over.
I asked Grok (because it’s been crickets), who gave me some steps,
- I deleted the island settings in the project,
- added a new Island Settings from FN.
- Project Settings pulldown at the bottom is set to Fortnite,
- ran Fix-Up.
When I publish a private version, it still says Rocket Racing.
Private Island Code 2778-8192-5679
Hi folks, this should help:
Please let us know if you have any questions!
@flak thanks for looking.
The only info there is
I did that, my private island still says RR on info and lobby and is very much fully RR UI, etc in-game.
I’ll check into your issue and will report back when I have more info.
Hi again @valleyDweller
You will need to go to your Project Settings and change the Selected Brand dropdown to something other than Rocket Racing. You will also need to remove template-locked devices and migrate the 4 supported devices that have been added to the base UEFN:
- Track spline
- Hazard device
- Boost pad device
- Rocket Racing vehicle device
After that, you can fix any issues that show as errors.
thanks, I’ll double-check the template-locked stuff. I think fix-up took care of that.
I went ahead and published the private game to main 9517-5446-5668 after changing project settings, etc.
Is there any way to know if it’ll survive the purge?
doing another one, to take notes.
switch
It was already on Fortnite. There is no RR in the list.
showing that old RR Island Settings doesn’t have the checkbox for pets.
New one has sidekick stuff.
errors
fixup
republishing
Edit: it got updated today ![]()
As an aside “de-branding” an island used to take forever to show up… I have a Prop Hunt map that started as KPDH, and then a couple months later, I removed the dependent assets and set it back to just be FN.
It still showed up as KPDH in the Details/etc for a long time.
POINT is that I checked yesterday and at some time in the last six months, it finally lost the KPDH tag, which is good. I wonder if something was manually done, or if it just finally filtered through.
For clarity, when I said it got updated, I don’t mean it looks like a FN map, it still looks like a Rocket Racing map in lobby and menus.
Both of them do.
I got some info from someone on reddit who has a python script that might help.
There’s still next to zero information from Epic on how to make sure you don’t lose your work next week.
Just to add to this, I am still having problems after following all the steps outlined above and the project file “FeatureSet” field is showing “featureSet”: “DelMarGFS” meaning the island is still set to Rocket Racing, even though in project settings is states Fortnite as the selected option.
Here’s the reddit thread. I just drove @dawman89 Pandora migration and it worked well. I’m going to see how janky mine will be doing the fresh → migrate and just use devices this weekend.
Oh so we have to migrate the entire project to a brand new blank island? That part I didn’t realize!
Seeing this I think I understand the issue. Since Rocket Racing isn’t in the brand UI it is defaulting to Fortnite, but then you can’t select Fortnite anymore because it is already Fortnite!
if you swap it to Kpop Demon hunters, close the project. Then open and swap it to Fortnite, it should work as expected, then close and re-open. Please let me know if that works!
Okay that worked to change the FeatureSet so Thank you!
Now I just need to fix the validation error with the track spline, hopefully I can try the python script mentioned above as I don’t really want to have to manually copy/edit the spline points!
You did the clean migration?
gonna do some liveblogging
edit: double-checking against Migrating Assets from Unreal Engine to Unreal Editor for Fortnite | Fortnite Documentation | Epic Developer Community
- I just made a brand new “simple” project.
- switched to the old RR project.
- selected top level folder, hit Migrate, chose new project/content folder.
- Not sure if hitting Yes to this is correct, but I guess I’m gonna click Yes.
Edit:
This is what the folder migration selection said it was going to do:
Switched back to new project. all I got when doing this was
My outliner in the new project has nothing new that I can tell. I thought “oh, maybe the BrandRocketRacingO1 level needs to be set to default now” so I double-clicked it, and nothing seemed to happen.
Then I went “ok, I’ll open it manually” and went to file/openLevel, opened it, it was basically blank, and then the icon disappeared from my content folder.
EDITEDIT: I remembered that a user video said you have to quit and re-open UEFN so it doesn’t get wonky at this stage, so I do this, and then opening my copied non-default level does show up as visually expected in editor/outliner. I didn’t have to re-migrate, just re-open the editor and open the + new level in that project.
Try to open a session, just to move things along
run fix-up
At this point, I don’t even care if if any of the racing stuff works, I just want to see if it actually stripped the branding out of it.
Save. Errors.
I guess the hazards are unsupported now.
checkpoints
using same “select all of same class” / “replace with” after dragging out a FN checkpoint.
At this point, it’s not complaining when I save. I haven’t replaced boost pads or track nodes.
Trying to session.
new post so I don’t clog the other with edits.
Save didn’t give any errors, but session did.
***
RR Boost Pad17 (/vDrRaceLapsed/BrandRocketRacing01.BrandRocketRacing01:PersistentLevel.DelMar_SpeedUpPad_BP_C_UAID_74782722351F8B8E02_1803811926) illegally references: /DelMarGame/Blueprints/StatusEffects/SpeedUp/DelMar_SpeedUpPad_BP . (AssetValidator_AssetReferenceRestrictions) Fix: Reset Illegal References to Default
***
searching the fortnite folder for “boost pad” as a guess, I get this.
It’s still FortDelMar. This confuses me. I’ll go check the “updated devices” patch notes for the correct name.
No real confidence booster there, let’s hope it works.
Placed a new one. it has a “enabled at game start”. the old one doesn’t. ok. might be a different device.
selected an old pad in hierarchy, right-click “select asset” to see where it lives in the content folder… nothing. interesting.
select a NEW pad in hierarchy, it lives in a “!BETA” folder?
Now I’m worried again.
done, saved. trying session again to see what’s still failing.
much smaller list.
Run fix-up? sure!
It wouldn’t try to deceive me, why would it do that?
session:
JUST KIDDING, VALIDATION FAILED, WE DIDN’T REALLY FIX IT.
Begin manually re-plotting track points, Back in an hour.
Here’s a helpful note:
it’s easy to accidentally clone points in the wrong direction on a track (if it’s like it was before). When you click a point, check it’s input key. you want 0 for the first point… “next” points will be >0.
Device type is a good sign

I’m having trouble with editing the new spline, it’s updating the old nearby spline. so that’s fun.
I’m pretty sure I used to be able to have a spline point selected, then alt-drag to duplicate like with any other object, but holding alt just moves my camera and doesn’t dupe.
I’m having to back up a bit from the last point and right click to “add new point here” and drag the end out, and do that repeatedly. Not a great workflow.
























