River tool doesn't work on UE 5.0. Water planes are ludicrous

There could technically some oddities because of the size or scale the height map. I’ve done a good bit of heightmap testing and smaller heightmaps don’t cause it, and the large scale (not verticality wise). Either way, if you’re comfortable with it, it would definitely help me help everyone else in the future that may have this issue (if I can figure out why it’s happening) otherwise if I can make it work for your map you may be able to just continue. The water system definitely needs work, but it’s usually not this finnicky. Feel free to PM that over.

1 Like

file shared. Please let me know if there are any issues :smiley:

1 Like

Question. Have you ever worked with the new Niagra Fluids plugin? I’m wondering if that would be better than the water system, but I can’t seem to find any real tutorials on it.

I have, but it’s probably not scalable to world scales. Real time simulation is incredibly intensive even at smaller scales. If you wanted to do say a fancy waterfall just once in a small hub zone? Would be probably alright, but 2km x 2km map of rivers? It’s likely far far too intensive at it’s lowest for that.

So you guys find problem ans how to fix? I get same problem whit rivers… only working in flat surfaces… if you guys find a way to fix it please let me know.

Unfortunately the breakdown issues at extreme scales remain an issue at the point in time, though if you’re having this issue at regular scales it might be another issue at play, we would need to know more about your specific issue in the meantime!