Rift S Buttons are doing nothing

I recently acquired a Oculus Rift S and am trying things out for development to make sure all is working properly. NOPE. The Buttons do nothing.

I have created multiple projects from the VR template to empty projects to building from source (Version: 4.25.4-0+++UE4+Partner-Oculus-4.25). Every single one results in the controllers being tracked but the buttons not working. I have referred to Oculus controller input mapping for a reference for the buttons.

I have been at it for a few days referring to plenty of un-answered questions on the matter. Some saying to check that ‘Auto Receive Input’ is set. Others say to check input map. Having done this and anything else I can find out there.

Yes, my controllers work in games and such.

What has the community done to get this working in order to develop with the Oculus Rift S?

For Anyone having this issue: Disable the Oculus VR plugin and the buttons work.

Edit: After going through the ‘Getting Started in VR with Unreal Engine’ and gaining some more understanding, Making sure some of the settings were correct, like ‘Start in VR’ I got the buttons to respond with the Oculus VR plugin on.

1 Like

I’m glad you were able to get it working. It took a while, but I found out that after only enabling the OpenXR plugin and restarting the project, the Oculus Touch joysticks finally started working.

I know this is an old thread, but I hope that this still helps someone. Good luck with your creations!

1 Like

this is an old thread but I want to say that this works as I played with the plugins as you said and it worked for me on unreal engine 4.27 with oculus rift

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.