Ribbon trail - can't add a Life Cycle module

Hello,

I’m trying to create a ribbon trail in Niagara and as common as this kind of effects is I am desperately stuck.
The ribbon I get is a straight strip, going from the start and end defined by the Beam Emitter Setup (which is probably a module that shouldn’t be in the trail setup). It doen’t follow the velocity or path of the emitter when this one is moved in my scene.

As far as I’ve seen It looks like there is no ribbon trail template by default in the engine (I’m on 4.26.1) (and bty that would be a great addition) nor in the online documentation.

I eventualy found this very good tutorial on sword slash where the setup is explained:
[Unreal Engine Niagara Tutorials | Sword Trails | AnimTrails][1]

And there the ribbon trail emitter is setup like this:

But I am not able at all to create a Life Cycle module in UE. Has it been removed or renamed in a recent release? Is there another module in my emitter preventing it to be instanced?

Any tip in this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you

loop cycle in now loop behaviour in ue4.26 you can set it to once/multiple or infinite.

Hey, Chhow! :slight_smile:
Thank you for your answer… and congrats for all your incredible tutorials on Niagara! They helped me a lot to get into that part of UE.

Indeed, now you mentioned it I found it in the Emitter State module, when the Life Cycle Mode is set to Self:

! finally managed to make the trail ribbon work in removing the Beam Emitter Setup, adding a Spawn Rate to 10 and add an Add Particle Velocity in order to see the trail in the Niagara editor (to be remoed in the scene):

A good and quick tuto for all this is: [UE4 - Niagara ribbons][3], from GameDev

So pb solve!