Ribbon Particles 'Render Spawn Points' - What do green render spawn points mean?

Fairly simple question… I’m trying to tweak my ribbon particle effect and have turned on Render Spawn Points which shows both the spawn points in both red and green. The red spawn points are behaving just like I want them to, but all the problems are coming from my green spawn points. What’s the difference?

Thanks

Hi SVR33 -

I am not seeing any green spawn points in my Ribbon Emitter, Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing and your emitter setup?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hi Eric,

I actually lost the specific particle I was working with but was able to reproduce another particle with the same issue fairly easily, as seen below.

54217-renderspawnpointsemitter.gif

54214-renderspawnpointsspawn.gif

54215-renderspawnpointsspawnperunit.gif

Hi SVR33 -

The green spawn points are how often that the sprites that make up the ribbon are being spawned. If your emitter is spawning two sets of ribbons the green points will show you where one ribbon starts after the initial ribbon begins to play. so if a ribbon spawns with a long lifetime but a short Emitter Duration you will get green points denoting where the new ribbon is spawned.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum