Revit plugin survey

You can already import meta data and filter your model entities using python in 4.20. :slight_smile:

Of course its part of the base concept :slight_smile:

Really happy that this is picking up speed. Have been waiting for ages for a smooth workflow to allow designs to come into UE4. Iteration time is key so the less set up a design team member has then the more likely the tool is to be used. A good parallel is the workflow with Enscape -> Revit. Itā€™s a one click solution which is great for visualisation but without the control that UE4 offers. If there could be a solution that allows a good translation with quick initial results (that could be refined and developed further in UE4 eg for interactivity, networked interactivity or leveraging the BIM datasets) then this would be really powerful.

make sure you fill up the survey at the beginning of this thread, I will contact respondents directly for design questions, validation and early access.

Sure, autocad is so obsolete but perhaps Revit at its current state is not really a software that saves time in comparison to other 3d-modelling softwares. I am forced to work now 90% in revit and its so crazy slow even with our monster computers. Rhino on a much more basic laptop flows so much better once the models gets more complex.

Very exciting!!! So happy to see youā€™re working on this.

This will be a major game changer for me!

Thanks for all your work and canā€™t wait to see it come to life!

Hello, i was wondering how the survey wenā€™t and if the Revit plugin is on the roadmap now?

And if so if there might already be a scheduled release date?

Eagerly awaiting news of this alsoā€¦!

Weā€™re almost there. We have basic geometry working. We want to tweak hierarchy, materials and metadata prior to send a preview. It will also require 4.21 which is about to be made available as preview too.

if you filled the survey posted in this forum thread, you will receive our invite.

Brilliant! Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

One quick question, seeing that Datasmith will be live soon so no longer free will we require a paid subscription to take part in the alpha/beta testing?

Thanks in advance.

Weā€™ll be sharing some news next week that covers this. Stay tuned.

Cheers Stephen!

Hereā€™s the latest news that addresses your question:

Thanks so much Stephen to you and the entire team at Epic, this is great news indeed!

Moving forward I will do my best as will others to help as much as possible during alpha/beta testing.

Let us know when youā€™re ready to start testing the Revit plugin.

Kind regards,

Great news regarding the Beta extension. Look forward to testing the Studio for Revit still!

how is it going with the DataSmith for Revit plugin? :slight_smile:

We are far enough now to send a preview next week. Iā€™ll mail to anyone who signed up in the survey

Good stuff! Thanks for keeping us informed.

Regards,

Dang, so close ! Cannot wait ! :slight_smile:

EDIT : Dam-n is censored looks like ? :rolleyes:

We are all impatientā€¦