Revit plugin survey

Hi!

The Epic Games Enterprise team is starting to develop a Revit to Unreal workflow for Unreal Studio / Datasmith.

To help us doing the right product for you, we would appreciate if you could fill this short survey:

I promise, it won’t take more than 45 seconds to fill

Survey answered ! Super excited to see what the team comes up with !

You’re gonna see a lot of bug reports from us as Revit is our main tool at Legendre Engineering :smiley:

Answered! Very important this.

Yes, great news!

glad to see this!

Had to pick myself up off the floor in order to submit survey, but finally got it submitted. Super excited!

Hope you’re still in one piece, so you test it when we’re ready :slight_smile:

Answered! I am super excited for this release :D:cool:

That would be just awesome. Architects will fall in love with your team and productivity will skyrocket even for less technical people.

Unreal Engine - Vray RT - like viewport mode within Revit with Unreal Play function and one click jump to Unreal Editor? utopia? :slight_smile:

Most likely not be our first iteration, but that is not an utopia…

This will be a game changer for me. I render in everything, Lumion, Max, Unity, and Revit but my ultimate would be a real time walk through in UE4, been working on this for some time but using the Revit models (through MAX and Datasmith) has been, and is, tough.
Cant wait to see this new plug-in!

Finally!!! Can’t wait to see something…

This would be ‘Epic’ quite frankly. We can see the amazing results that Unreal gets but the current workflow to get to that from Revit is too complex for us as a practice. Especially with the emerging contenders like Lumion/Enscape etc. I know Twinmotion is currently using ‘Unreal’ but it doesn’t look great still from a photorealistic perspective.

Would 100% be interested in the Alpha testing for this.

make sure your filling the survey as we use it as a way to collect emails from people motivated to test the workflow in an alpha stage

Super excited for this as well. I filled out the survey and hope to see the Alpha. I see the same thing here in regards to complexity of workflow. Using Enscape and Lumion right now because they are essentially plug and play. UVW mapping is the biggest hurdle right now for me in large/complex Revit models and UE4. No luck so far with quality imports. I see the results, customization of experience, 1st/3rd person, AR, VR, material editing, foliage, photo realism, interactivity, and much more that would be incredible to utilize in architectural visualization, but consistency, quality, and speed of import/exports keep me from using full-time.

Really hope to see this soon! Thanks!

Yep already filled out and keeping eyes peeled for Alpha testing, any ideas when this ‘might’ be?

For architects, BIM is no longer the future of the construction industry. It has become the standard, helping architectural practices work in a more efficient environment leading to both cost and time savings.

The shift from 2D to 3D models rich in information has proven to be crucial in the overall design process.

We’re stills in the early phase and summer vacations slow us down a bit. I think that in about 60 days we might have something to show. I will contact all users that filled the survey and responded to the invite of early testing when ready.

OK, this is my own add-in but it’s a good one. I took seven of the most popular free macros from the ArchSmarter Toolbox and combined them in a convenient app format. Rather than loading the individual macro files, you can access the tools directly from the add-in ribbon. Power-Pack is available for Pay-What-You-Want. That’s right, you get to name your own price!

Don’t forget then, please, how much important metadata is in the BIM methodology. Without metadata, it is only dead 3d graphics. Actually I’m exporting metadata scripting Dynamo routines, then reading into UE4 using blutilities, data structures and data tables. I must suppose it will be metadata selection enabled.