Reverted changes on check in. Lost my whole map

Reference ID

2c1c6bcb-43a6-1b5e-36d6-06ba71e0dc2e

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Unreal Revision Control

Summary

I have a zone wars map and sometimes when I go on it previous updates and new updates merge together. So like everything that I built in the last update, would suddenly appear in my map overriding. But this time the update was really big so I didn’t want to delete everything. So I activated check in, but it seems I haven’t checked in a long time because it reverted to an very old version of my map. Now I’m looking to revert back to the current version but when the updates we’re not overriding. For example my last private island code that I published for my map. I’ve tried accessing windows powershell but didn’t find my save there. Please help me I can’t lose my map!

Steps to Reproduce

1. i opened uefn
  2. i was seing to different buildings overlaying
  3. i tried to go back to the last save i made (the day before) so i clicked check in and it said revert all changes so i did
  4. it brought an old save of my map
  5. i couldn’t revert back
  6. went into revision control using windows PowerShell, couldn’t see my save. (last one that i saw in revision control was about two months ago.

Expected Result

every auto save should save into revision control automatically so i can go back.

Observed Result

i lost my progress because i couldn’t revert back to my recent save.

Platform(s)

windows

Island Code

1975-9554-2838

Additional Notes

please try bring back my old save without the merge glitch to the date: 10/01/23 around 11-12am. any problems please let me know i’m ready to help!

Hello, wow this is heartbreaking to read.

You should know that enabling Revision Control doesn’t automatically backup your work. The auto-save feature only does local saves.

You need to manually push the updates to URC whenever you make changes, and it’s intended, like in every revision control software…

Well, you’re alone so I can understand your frustation, but this tool is meant to be used with a team, that’s why you need to manually upload changes.

Hope you can find some local backup though, I don’t know enough about it unfortunately…

Do you know where the local backup is stored? Is it in an auto save folder or is there a way to access it?