Reverb from own Voice

Hi Guys,

I wanted to create a reverb effect from my recorded voice from mic without having a distracting direct loop back. I’m searching now for over two hours and can’t find something.

The closest I got was to add an AudioCaptureComponent to my character which would stream the sound over bus to an attached AudioComponent which would read the bus, but I can’t link them. Anyway is that even the right direction? Thanks a lot in advance for any help. btw useing UE 4.25

1 Like

Are more infos needed to answer? Happy to provide!

Anyone? :frowning:

Bump. Would really appreciate any help.

Its a good question perhaps something that only few can answer or want to answer. I am also thinking about a way how this could work out. But as long as someone not uses headphones it could always end up in a feedback loop. And also something like krisp implemented in Unreal would be good too. Filtering out everything out except the players voice is something I would like to hear in the future.

I am bumping this thread therefore too or come back to it when I found something that might solve or help it.
Have a good one!

1 Like

Hi @Mathias_Wenzel !
Thanks for the reply! Our need case is specified to use this function only with headphones. Audio Capture is working with loop back, but just can’t find out how to connect the output to another Audio Component to play the sound. Do you know how to connect them? So we can at least play the voice from our mic and try to find out how to block it and only get reverb in a second phase. That would be awesome! Thanks again for your reply! Have a good one too!

1 Like

I am currently learning about all this new stuff. But I know for sure that Arthurs Audio BPs has such stuff as an example to look into. Its also a “neighbor thread” to yours at the moment :slight_smile:

I have little spare time at the moment so I guess that will help you out faster than waiting for my response :slight_smile:
Have a good one!

1 Like

@Mathias_Wenzel Great! Thanks! I’ll have a look at it. If I find something I’ll post an update.

1 Like