Retrieving back buffer

Hi,
I am new user of unreal and have very little knowledge of unreal. I have a query… I have a standalone application and want to use unreal engine. so how can i retrieve the back buffer of unreal engine in my application?

For what usecase and which Backbuffer do you need ?

Hi,
Suppose i am rendering some graphics on unreal engine and want to use rendertraget(baackbuffer) of that rendered graphics in my application… How is it possible? Can i transfer the rendertarget to my application? I am using Dx9 in my application.

You mean a realtime stream of the render output of Unreal ?
If so you can either use Pixelstreaming or a new feature from 4.26 called “Inter-Process GPU Texture Sharing”.

Hi,

In 5.2, Multi-streamer Support has been added, stating that it now supports “multiple streamers connected to the same signalling server”, and that it makes it possible to “stream local multiplayer experiences”.
I would presume by “same signalling server”, it would be over one instance of the game.

What is happening now is that I added a Streamer component onto the Player2, and there is a Video Input on the component, which takes in a Back Buffer Streamer Video Input, which I have left at “None”; I would presume it should automatically take the back buffer from the CineCamera on the Player2 itself, but it just doesn’t.
On the web browser, even though I subscribed to the Player2 streamer, it is still showing Player1 (DefaultPlayer) view. I was not able to generate multiple streamers.

Might you know how to generate multiple streamers on the same game instance?