Resolution Scale does nothing

I have a sceneCapture in my game, and I am trying to set its resolution scale to be lower in an attempt to improve performance, but the resolution scale will not change no matter how hard I try.

I call sceneCapture->GetCaptureComponent2D()->ShowFlags.SetScreenPercentage(true);
sceneCapture->GetCaptureComponent2D()->ShowFlags.ScreenPercentage = p;

but it does nothing regardless of what p is.

Also, would appreciate any tips on sceneCapture performance in general. Somehow calling disableAdvancedFeatures and setPostProcessing(false) made performance noticeably worse where you would think it would improve performance.

Thanks for the response. My resolution of the render target is 1920x1080. But render target resolution doesn’t change performance since it seems to capture at a high resolution and then simply map to the texture (scene captures at 1080p are same expense at higher and lower resolutions). I would like the actual sceneCapture to be faster and render at a lower resolution, which screen percentage seems like it should do.

What resolution are you using for your render target? If you are using a large render target, try lowering the resolution. You might also want to try adjusting the FOV of your scene capture component.

I’ve used ScreenPercentage before to improve performance developing for VR before, using the ScreenPercentage console command, however i’m not sure why its not improving the performance of your render target though, hope you get it fixed dude.

I’m seeing the same issue. Your bug report is already more than 2 months old now and there is no comment from Epic yet?

Nope, pretty weird and frustrating to get no response.

The resolution scale slider does nothing! using command r.ScreenPercentage doesn’t do a ■■■■ either. The docs show otherwise!

1 Like

@anonymous_user_01533f63 Yes, does nothing. The antialiasing quality buttons also change nothing :frowning: