Requesting Support for UEFN on MacOS. Lets make our voices heard!

I am reaching out to ask for your help in spreading the word about a request I have made to the Unreal Engine Support Team. I have requested their assistance in accessing Unreal Editor for Fortnite (UEFN) on MacOS, and I believe that this is a request that many others in the community may also have.
As someone who works with Fortnite and relies on UEFN daily, I understand the importance of having access to this software on MacOS. Therefore, I would like to request that you share this message with as many people as possible so that we can show the Unreal Engine Support Team that there is a demand for UEFN on MacOS.
Together, we can make a difference and hopefully, we can convince the Unreal Engine Support Team to offer UEFN on MacOS or provide alternative solutions for those of us who need it.

Yay, that makes the two of us!

J/k what’s a mac? Fast food?

4 Likes

I have been UE developing on the Mac for years and was so disappointed to find out that UEFN isn’t compatible with Mac.

10 Likes

Maybe it’s only a matter of time, with UE5 getting closer and closer to a potentially proper macOS release, UEFN could follow.
There might be a lot of custom things around though, like how crazy it is that someone in an editor on a PC can make changes and it would appear on someone else’s session on their PlayStation live.
I can see it taking some more time after UE5 is feature complete on macOS

7 Likes

Can we add Linux on that list too ;), Hey I’ll even take just being able to play the game on Linux. I know it’s a small user base, but we already have UE5 on Linux, and EAC supports Linux now.

4 Likes

It’s a BETA

3 Likes

I just have to say that it is so annoying that UEFN is not available on the Mac. I have Unreal Engine on my Mac along with all of my files but I still I had to partition my Mac to run Windows just to be able to use UEFN. What a mess.

4 Likes

@tahsanpixel Thank you for your feedback. While I cannot guarantee a response, I can confirm that this has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

6 Likes

Given that Fortnite isn’t on Mac (or maybe it’s in chapter 2 like on iOS). How would that work for launching session? I know you can connect your Fortnite client to an xbox or other device, but that would force you to have a seperate device which would be rather cumbersome for testing and publishing.

2 Likes

This wouldn’t work as Epic Games and Apple had a lawsuit togther, this is the same reason why Fortnite won’t run on Apple devices (or it is stuck in chapter 2 season 2). So in this case I don’t think they would be very happy if UEFN was on Apple devices

3 Likes

It’s posted in the bug report section rn

Feedback and requests

2 Likes

it’s the same with support metal shader on UE 5
they won’t collaborate until TWO or Three years

2 Likes

The status of UCB-916 incident has been moved from ‘Awaiting Validation’ to ‘Closed’. Resolution Reason: ‘Won’t Fix’

3 Likes

Yes please!

2 Likes

Desperately need Mac support. It’s not fair at all that we can’t use it when our Macs are more than capable of running it

2 Likes

Another vote for UEFN Mac OS support

3 Likes

Hey! I know you posted this a while back, have you heard any news on this?

2 Likes

I’m also really hoping they add it at some point.

2 Likes

Another vote for a Mac OS version of UEFN.

2 Likes

Sigh i eventually caved in and bought a pc, I’m now broke

1 Like