Requested Marketplace Blueprint or C++ Systems

I am a new marketplace seller, focused on Blueprint and C++ systems, but It can be hard to know what the people want, what to sell. Ive spent a lot of time looking for ideas, but was rarely able to come up with anything that might work. Ive checked out this forum but most of the requests are visual, like modular building assets, and barely any game systems (I dont do blutilities or editor plugins), and besides that forum is rarely used anymore. I come here to ask what systems you would like to see on the marketplace to use in game.

This thread isnt meant to argue whether or not I should make blueprint or C++ systems, its me asking the community what systems I should make with either of the two. Ive already watched tons of videos, but am still having trouble generating ideas, and thought that maybe asking the community directly would be a better idea. A poll would mean that I already have ideas avaliable, and im trying to think of the best one.

im going to try that here but I also want to keep this thread open, and not list categories because I dont want to limit the possiblity for responses, but thanks for the advice!

I like the idea of a 3D navmesh, but this guy would easily beat me, as he released his plugin as free, and it is very well made: DoN's 3D Pathfinding for Flying AI in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace

Others have been keeping it alive and updated (supports ue5) here, and besides I wouldnt even know where to start to create something like this, likely too far out of my reach

Make a in “unreal engine tutorial” Plugin that show you have the engine works and just give access to the tools you need to fix the example and give achivements and so on.

Unreal engine has a number of templates, each with their own built-in tutorials.

Any links to them?

Theyre built into the engine, the Flying Template, Third Person Template, First Person Template, etc.

Opening Office/PDF Files - Theres already a couple of these on the marketplace, but maybe it would be worthwhile to add another, as the currents are $20+
Console Terminal Simulations - I actually made an in-game console here not too long ago
Webcam feeds - There is one on the marketplace like that, but it being 50 bucks, maybe ill look into it. Thanks for the ideas!

Thank you, that sounds like a great request!

I’m currently working fulltime, so sadly I don’t have much time for my own projects and plugins anymore. I still maintain my current plugins, but new ones are unlikely to come anytime soon.

Maybe you could make suggestions to Epic directly somehow, they develop a lot of plugins themselves as well, and they’re quite open to ideas which they think will make things better for a lot of users.

Or hope that another plugin developer can take a look at it and give it a shot, who knows.

Anyways, thanks for sharing your request and idea to me, and good luck with your project!

@AntiGravity Thanks, awesome you remembered I’m in the Netherlands. But yeah, I got an offer so high I thought I would never get. It was basically an offer I couldn’t refuse. So I’m doing great in that regard, but the sad thing is of course that I can’t work on my own stuff anymore.

Anyway, I’ve never really been active on the forums, but I check my emails several times a day. Your @lowentry mention caused the forums to send me an email, which is how I noticed.

So yeah, I’ll be around in this business for a long time to come, maybe even my entire career now, which will be another 15-20 years or so at least. I was into web development for a few years because I got a lot of work there, but that was until I got jobs in unreal development again, and that is now likely where I will continue for years to come.

But you never know what will happen in the future of course.

Anyway, if you ever want to reach out to me, you can always send me an email (support@lowentry.com). Or you could just type a @lowentry mention and hope the forum will send an email.

Btw, I have no idea how to contact Epic either with ideas etc. Maybe there is an online submit form for it somewhere, or maybe there’s a forum post for it. No idea, quite weird it isn’t easier to find and to provide requests/feedback/etc. But who knows, maybe it does exist somewhere and it’s just hard to find.

Anyway, it’s great hearing from you again, I hope you have a great day.

1 Like

So i did end up making that 3d navmesh solution:

You mentioned the other plugin needed so much more. What exactly were you refrencing there? Id like to know if I should make feature updates to my system.