Repurpose of MitchVR Content Example using Noitom Hi5 VR Gloves

Hi all,

I’ve been using @mitchemmc VR Content Example for quite a bit, so I decided to integrate the Noitom Hi5 VR gloves into the setup, using hand poses to interact with objects into the scene.

Results are quite good, even if there’s room for improvement, but overall I’m very satisfied.

I’m planning to integrate more features into the project and possibly release it to the forum when everything will be good to go.

Cheers

Nicolas

[USER=“2200”]Enter Reality[/USER] Looking cool! Did you have to do a lot of work to integrate the gloves or did it work (almost) out of the box?

Ciao Marco,

They are integrated with UE4 out of the box ( via plugin ), but all the hand gestures interactivity has been done by myself.

A couple of adjustments are needed when you integrate them into an existing project, but overall they’re very straight forward to use.

I’ll probably integrate the IK setup based on your tutorial, and also lower body driven by animation, so thing will get interesting soon :smiley:

Would it be possible to look at your blueprint setup for grabbing objects with the Hi5 gloves? Just purchased a pair and I have no idea where to start in the blueprint editor. I can’t find any blueprint that would return the state of the glove (ie. grabbing or doing some type of motion).

You have a PM :slight_smile:

Could I look at your blueprint for grabbing and move with gloves?
(I’m sorry for my poor English,please don’t mind if it looks rude

Hi,

The setup was custom made in order to be used for various projects I’m working on, so if you need to integrate the same setup into an existing project, contact me via email with all the details, and I’ll send you a quotation